56 • Yours

Seraphina POV

Siris stayed with me most of the time throughout the following days. It was a nice change. I was half expecting him to bring up claiming me but he hadn't. Anytime the conversation even veered in that direction he spun it around with some random information.

It seemed like he was more sheepish about the topic than I was but nonetheless I was grateful for his patience.

My fingertips grazed over the first bits of life that escaped from beneath the icy snow. The yellow petals of the freshly blooming flowers felt soft against my skin.

Winter Jasmine flowers. I had remembered the list of plants Ivy had me study that grew in the harshest temperatures; this flower was one of them. I knelt down inhaling the sweet smell with greediness I didn't know I had.

The overwhelming aroma hit my senses. I could smell ever little detail that made this flowers smell. The sweetness, the freshness, the undeniable concoction of perfection. I had smelled flowers before but it had never been this... captivating.

I wondered what my world will look like once I shifted, once I fixed myself. Would it be everything that I ever imagined? I'd have speed, strength, crystal clear vision, ears that could pick up even the smallest of noises, a nose that couldn't go without registering every minuscule scent possible. What a different world.

I rubbed the side of my neck. I'd have to bear his mark. Would it be worth it? I hated how I was still so certain but still so very unsure.

What would it do to us? Would it change things? Of course, it would change everything.

There was a rustle in the nearby bushes. The stiff branches swayed in the wind like a rubber band. Something had ran off, I chalked it up to being a rabbit or squirrel. There wasn't much other animal life around. I had seen deer a few times before but I think I would  have made out the shape of a deer before it had disappeared behind the bushes.

Shouts and screams of little children reached my ears and I instantly perked up. I wandered toward the voices, jumping over aging wood logs and frost coated pine with ease. I couldn't remember the last time I was able to move this gracefully. I don't think I ever had.

A smile shaped on my lips as I peered down a shallow ditch. I watch them play care free from shadows of the woods. I tried picking up a scent but failed. I couldn't tell if they were pups of our own, I'm sure Siris would have been able to know the instant he laid eyes on them but I...

A tall dark figure soared above them all. The plains of this figure were nearly imprinted to my memory. It was easy to make out Siris's silhouette out of a line up.

I watched inquisitively from a far as Siris picked up one of the children as if it were effortless. There was a beaming smile on the little boys face. I could just make out that they were talking with one anther but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Whatever it was had made Siris laugh.

It was the kind of laugh that made my stomach to back flips and my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. Immersed in all the laughter and carrying on Siris, for once, looked... relaxed.

His shoulders were so straight and ridged. His eyes were narrowed or dark, but instead full of life with the wrinkles of happiness framing the ever so soft shade of green.

Siris tossed the little boy up in the once more before gently placing him back on his own two feet. The little guys was more than upset as he tossed a snow ball into the center of Siris's back.

I audibly gasped waiting for Siris to suddenly lose his temper but instead I found myself dashing behind a tree trunk when Siris trained his eyes up the hill toward me. He studied the tree line was relentless vigor. Only when what felt like hours did he tear his gaze away.