13 • Control

Osiris POV

What the hell was he thinking taking her to see Jensen? I swore we were born from different mothers. Desmond was as smart as a rock.

I had led him high up into the mountains. I didn't feel comfortable near the pack like this and even more so now that Seraphina was there. I was tired from running all night but it didn't matter Desmond's raging wolf stuck close behind.

The need to draw him far from the pack grew more than it had ever before. It was like my wolf pushed harder and faster with this urgency. It was an demand I had never felt before and I blamed it on just taking my alpha duties responsibly.

I didn't want to admit it was because of her, if I did I would be feeding into the bond I don't need nor want.

I don't want her I reminded myself, that's why I've avoided her all week.

I could hear his heavy paws digging into the dirt behind me. He was raging bull, I knew I shouldn't have thrown him but I lost my temper. This girl was driving me mad, I couldn't keep my thoughts together.

No matter what I thought about it all came back to her and I hated it. I should have just left her back their at her pack.

My wolf openly disagreed overtaking my control and jamming our front paws into the moist ground bring us to a stop. I had sworn he had lost his damn mind.

In a hopeless effort to wrangle back control I pushed down head first into the dirt. The mussel of my wolf was coated in mud as I looked up to see Desmond's out of control wolf snarling. I growled lowly at him to back down but it was like music falling on deaf ears.

He lunged at me, ducking just in time he flew over me landing clumsily on his side. Disoriented he shook his head.

Desmond always had a terrible temperament since he was little. It was something I thought I could change about him but nothing I did worked. It times like these that I wished my parents never passed. I tried to be the replacement for him but when I looked at him now I knew I didn't try hard enough.

If I wasn't so obsessed with finding Layla maybe I would have had more time to help him weed out his anger issues.

His anger issues as a child were more easily dealt with but when he grew into his wolf, well it was a wake up call for me. It didn't matter how many times I tried to teach him how to push for control over his wolf when it overthrew him, but he'd never mastered it.

Now, he was left as a helpless man trapped in the body of his wolf that greedily sought out violence.

'Desmond I know you're in there. You need to fight him. You need to fight for your control back.' I ordered watching as his wolf curled his lips up baring more of his teeth. 'You are in control not him.'

Unresponsive his wolf leapt at my again this time nicking my neck as he threw me off balance. My wolf was growing more agitated with everyone of Desmond's attempts to dominate me. We were roughly the same size and strength but my wolf had a drive his did not and with that I knew that if I let myself alpha-up him he'd submit.

I hated having to use it though. He was my little brother and I didn't want to hurt him or his ego. He'd want me to wheel him in and calm him down but I had seen what that's done to him in the pass. He would never admit it to me but it tore him apart inside that he was never able to help himself.