LEALTÀ-Chapter two

Chapter two. The hero

____

Nicola Castello

"Everything is ready? Good to go?" I asked one of my men. "Sì!" He answered back. We were outside the Constatino's mansion. We were hiding in the woods,preparing everything. Checking that it all was ready.

I've prepeared this for four years. Taking down The Constatino's. That was Sandro's wish. That and to protect his little girl...I still don't know how she is doing but I know that she's in there. Kimberly. Days before they were taken he had writen a letter to me. It said that the Constatino's were out for their revenge,after Sandro had killed their leader,John. And he was right. They took him,his wife and their daughter. And I failed to protect her. But I know that I will do everything in my power to shield her from this evil. From him. One way or another.

Sandro was like my father figure,since my father was gone from the picture since I was sixteen. Sandro told me that he had promised his wife to leave their daughter out of this life. But that was before he wrote that letter. In the letter he said, "tell her about everything...just keep her safe. And remember...remind her that I loved her." And I will. I will not fail his single wish.

After Sandro died,I swore to everyone that I would be the one to take Adam Constatino's life. John's son..

Every leader has someone that's going to be the next if you step down or if you die. And John-of course-choose his only son. A piece of dirt.

"Boss." Alexandro,one of my closest men said. He gave me a simple nod. And that nod was about to turn into hell...

"Men! Ready to go into the gates of hell?"

____
Kimberly Casey

There were loud thumps on the floor above us. It made me and Sarah wake up. It's been two full days since anyone has been down here. Which was weird,since the guards usually comes down here at least two times a day and takes a girl upstairs.

We haven't been eating since almost two weeks. Our stomach's hurt,our body's. Everything...

The door down to the basement flew open,one of the many guards who worked here came down running. He unlocked the cell door,coming in and looking at us,furious.

"COME HERE!" He screamed to Sarah. But she didn't listen. So he grabbed her by her long,red hair,dragging her to the door.

"NO! PLEASE,DON'T HURT HER SHE'S JUST A CHILD!" I screamed. I tried to stand up but my head was so dizzy,and the pain in my shoulder was spreading down my whole arm. I tried to crawl,but earned a kick in my head. But I didn't give up.

"Sarah!!" I yelled. Tears were running down her puffy cheeks.

"LET THE GIRL GO!" Another male voice was heard behind him. I froze,who is that? I couldn't see anything as there was no light in here except the little candle that was lit in the corner of the room.

Sarah cried,which made the guard take out a knife...he put it against her throat,making her eyes wide and her stop crying. I could feel the memories from my parents' death come back. I can't loose her too...I can't witness another one of my loved one die.

"P-please!" I sobbed. The guard with black beard looked at me,he gritted his teeth and then he gave me a wicked smile before he pushed the blade in her throat. My heart crushed into pieces,as I saw her soul go away and as I heard the gurgling sound from her throat being cut open...the blood running out of her now open throat. I collapsed. I don't want to live anymore.

The guard smiled at me,but that vanished fast as he was tackled down on the cold floor by the man who stood behind him. The big man was on top of him,pointing his gun to the guards head. The guard was just about to say something but he didn't get any more time,as his brain was blowed out on the wall,me and the floor. A scream escaped my mouth and my hands found their way to my mouth.

I closed my eyes,shaking.

"It's okay,I'm not like them." The voice that I heard minutes before said. But I didn't dare to open my eyes. I couldn't.

"Please...let me help you." He said. Slowly,I opened my eyes. I was met by a pair of hazel brown eyes. And...it wasn't the pair of eyes as the other men had. His eyes were warm...it was a sign of humanity in them. He had his hand out for me to take. I slowly,put out my shaking hand to him. He noded and carried me bride style. I closed my eyes as we walked over to the door...

I can't watch Sarah's now lifeless body...

The man carried me like nothing. And that didn't suprise me as I'm sure I was light as a feather. He walked up with me up the stairs. I still had my eyes closed,tired and too broken to open them. I heard many voices...but I was focused mostly on one. The man that carried me.

"T-the other women!" I tried to warn him that I weren't the only woman here. We can't leave the others.

"It's okay now. You're safe. Them too."

It made my muscles relax and I sighed deeply. His voice was surely deep,but not scary deep. He smelled nice...like a strong scent with vanilla but still almost like a strong smell. His arms were so comfy to lay in,and I couldn't help to feel tired. I could feel the temperature difference. It was cold,but still not as I was laying in his arms.

"I've got you." He whispered. And honestly...I didn't care anymore. So I just let myself fall in a deep sleep in a strangers arms...

____

My head was pounding. My ribs were hurting,my shoulder hurt and my eyes were heavy. I groaned at the pain in my body.

I opened my eyes and I were in shock.

Am I dreaming?

Is this real,or am I dead?!

Where am I?

I was in a room. A room with light grey walls,golden as the main colour theme in here. The room was big,a walking closet in the corner of it,this big bed,a tv,a bookshelf,a sofa and a another door that I guess is the bathroom.

I tried to sit up,but I laid down fast,as the pain was un real.

The white door on the left side of me opened up,making me crawl into a little ball. Two men I've never seen before walked in. They both had blond hair and one had green eyes and the other one had blue. As they walked in they walked slowly to the couch in front of the bed.

"Ah,how're you feeling?" The guy with blue eyes asked me with a soft voice. He wore a black and white suite. He looked like a business man...?

"Who are you?" I said. I pushed the quilt closer to my body. Clothes...

I looked under the quilt. I only wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Where did I get these from? 

"Our maid,Mary dressed you. My name is Alejandro and this is Julio." The guy with green eyes said as he looked at me with his warm and nice eyes.

"What am I doing here?" They looked at eachother. "Well...that's not up to us to tell you. That's for the boss." Alejandro said. I looked confused at him. What does he mean,or more-who?

____

Thoughts on the chapter?😌