LEALTÀ -Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five. If only god knew.

Nicola Castello
____

The chains around my wrists were tight. The morning sun were shining bright, but I didn't enjoy it. The lights from the cameras that took pictures of me and the whole situation, burned into my eyes. I tried to wince at the flashes but failed.

"Get that fucking thing out of my face!" I growled at the short, fat man that took a picture of me. He put the camera right down and looked scared for his life.

As he should.

Fucking hate paparazzi...

"Down." The officer who I punched took his hand on my head and pushed me inside the police car. I have done many things in my life, but I would never kill Charlotte. She was our friend, and the fucker who killed her will fucking pay.

I looked towards the house. Kimberly.

She were the only thing on my mind right now. This whole situation is completely fucked up, no doubt. The car doors shut close and the officers sat down. The paparazzi were floading around the car, trying to get my statement and pictures. I tried to shield myself but it's hard when you have the chains around your wrists.

"I haven't done anything! How many times do I need to tell you?" I couldn't shut up, they need to know I didn't touch her, not ever.

The officer turned his head towards me, looking at me and then at his partner. The other one were driving but something were off about them...something seemed weird.

And that's when I noticed it.

The tattoos on their neck.

Adam's mafia symbol.

"I knew that we would meet again!" Adam clapped with his hands, his eyes burning into my own and a satisfied smile on his ugly face. I want to kill him right here, right now. "What are you gonna do? Kill me?" I gave him a smile as I stood with my back straight and my head held high.

He walked towards me, now standing only inches from my face. I gave him a deadly glare, and I could see that he got scared but he hide it well. Unfortunately for him, not very good as I could see it.

The punch came quicker than I thought, but I dodged it. He looked at me with wide eyes, before I knocked him in the head.

He fell to the ground with a thud, blood in his hands. His patethic guards surrounded me. One of them put their foot on the back of my knee, making my knees fold. I were now on the black floor, my head pressed against it. With no power at all. Which doesn't happen very often, as I am the one who writes the rules.

A feeling I knew too well, were on my neck. A gun.

"Not so funny now?" The guard who held the gun against my neck said. "What do you want?" I growled at Adam. He were now standing in front of me, wiping away the blood from his busted lip. He looked at me with a hateful look. His eyes narrowed at me, his lips in a down turned gesture.

Adam's eyes went to the necklace. A wicked smile went on his lips, his eyes turned dark and I could see how his eyes only grew with his own kind of happiness. "You still have that whore's name around your neck?" I could feel my blood boil with rage. How dare he? He were the one that killed her. And I will fucking kill him.