LEALTÀ -Chapter twenty

Chapter twenty. Living

____

[Ten years ago]
[Nicola is twenty-three years old here]

Nicola Castello

The water is moving by the wind. And the waves can be big and scary,and so dangerous. The water could kill you in the matter of minutes with it's force and it's way to fill up your lungs until your lungs scream for air and your heart thumping and hurting. Your brain giving up after the long break of oxygen.

The same ocean that you could watch for hours,could also be the last thing you will see but from it's dangerous part.

That's how it feels like when you're alive. The monster inside of you just wants to go out into the water and breathe in as much water you can,put a stone on your feet so you're being dragged down to the bottom...but I'm already there.

"I can't do it anymore,Sandro. I'm to broken and I don't know if I want this anymore. I want to see my mama this boy once had. That woman who made the best food when you came home,the mom that comforted her daughter and son...my mom."

The pen on the paper made it's way on it like butter. The words coming out perfect and my emotions right onto the paper. The tears that was threatning to spill,was almost out and one tear dropped down onto the paper.

"This feeling of being the man what everyone has been hoping for-I can't. I might've been the next don of the mafia my father once made. But that line disappeared as soon as he slit the throat of my mother and took my sister. Only god knows I've tried,but I'm ready to come home. Home to my mother..."

-Desta Nicola Castello

I stood up from the chair and took the paper in my hand. I walked out of the room,but looking once more before I shut the door and made my way to Sandro's room.

"Morning,Boss"

I gave the guard a nod and walked into his room. I put the paper on his desk and exhaled. I looked one last time in his office. The black chair Sandro's sitting in while he's having his important calls. The desk me and so many people been looking at while his eyes has been burning at us. The paintings on the walls my mother painted to him...the small fingerprint of my own thumb on one of them.

One last glimpse before I walked out

One place I want to be right now is in the arms of my mother. And I know that I will be,in a few minutes.

_

The minutes went by as I was driving my way to the ocean,I knew was my mom's favorite place to be at. We used to go there alot when I was a kid and I loved it too.

I parked the car and stepped out into the hot summer breeze. The sun shining on my skin and onto my black clothes,which made me feel warm. The black jeans and the black T-shirt made me warm and almost sweat out of the weather. But I loved it.

The gun in my waist band made my heart flutter with almost...excitment? The fact that soon...it all will be over and I can finally be free from this fucking hell,called Living.

I walked to a place away from the families and the people on the beach. After a few minutes of walking,people looking strangely at me for wearing what I was wearing,I was at my destination. The sun on it's full display and the hot breeze. The waves and the smell of the ocean made me close my eyes and breathe in the smell.