Two: Keeping His Word

Cold air was the first thing the blonde felt as she woke up. She saw the window was opened, but she knew she didn't open it last night. "Are you seriously in my house?" She said as she got out of bed and walked down stairs to see Emmett. "Why are you here?"

"I'm keeping my word, Aria." He tells her. "I will help you control your thirst. I will show you what we hunt."

Aria didn't say a word as she went back to her room and went to her closet. She was shocked that he was here and keeping his word. "Why do you want to help me so much? I'm not important to you."

Emmett chuckled. "Yes, you are." He tells her. "But at the moment, you don't need to know why just yet. We need to focus on you and your thirst."

"I do have one question." He nodded. "How am I a hybrid if my parents were completely human?"

"Carlisle is doing some digging. So when we do find out how, I'll let you know." He tells her as he moved her blonde hair out of her face. "I promise you that I will keep you safe."

Aria nodded as she didn't know what to say. This man, this stranger, is wanting to help her. She sighed as there was no other choice, but to let him help her. Emmett grabbed her hand and ran out of her house as they ran through the woods.
~~~
They stopped in the middle of the woods causing her to watch Emmett. "Watch me." She nodded. "All we have to do is listen for a heartbeat of an animal." He tells her.

Not saying a word, the blonde listened. She watched him leave causing her to follow. Aria was shocked with her speed still, but she didn't mind it as she's getting used to it. She stopped as she saw Emmett feeding off a bear. She watched him pull away and look at her. "So all I have to do is listen for a heartbeat?"

"Yeah." He said as he dropped the bear and walked behind her. "Just focus."

Aria nodded as she listened. Emmett was standing behind her as she listened. Emmett's breath touching her neck had her almost losing focus till she heard a heartbeat. She ran after it with Emmett no too far behind and stopped as she saw a deer. She looked at Emmett as he nodded. She ran after it. Emmett smiled as she was actually enjoying herself. He followed after her.

Not too long after hunting for Aria, he found the blonde feeding off the deer. He leaned against the tree next to him watching her feed. "How do you feel?"

Aria dropped the deer and looked at him with blood on her lips. "Better." She said. "But the blood isn't as satisfying."

"Yeah, but you will get used to it in time." He tells her as he walked up to her and wiped the blood off her lips. "Are you ready to go to school?"

Aria looked at him a little scared. "I can try."

"I'll be right there. Just tell me that you had to leave early and I will come find you."

"Okay."
~~~
Everything seemed to be fine for Aria. Well she thought that till Mike Newton sat beside her. "Leave me alone." She tells him as she was writing.

The book closed causing the brown eyed girl glared at him. "Why do you hang around Cullen?"

"He understands me and doesn't want me for sex like you do." She said.

"Oh come on. Everyone wants to jump you just like Emmett Cullen."

Emmett walked over to him glaring. Aria was hurt by what he said making Emmett growl. "I think she told you to leave her alone." He said. "Also, I don't want Aria the way you think." Aria didn't say a word as she ran off. Emmett shoved Mike back in his seat as he went to stand up. "Stay the hell away from Aria."

In the hall, Rosalie saw the blonde walk by with tears in her eyes. She was confused as to why she was trying her best no to cry. Emmett saw Rosalie and went over to her. "She went that way." She tells him as Heath walked over to them. "What happened?"

"Mike Newton thinks I'm around Aria to get in her pants." He said. "I need to find her and tell her that is not why I'm around her."

"Tell her the truth."

Emmett nodded as he went after Aria.
~~~
Aria arrived home and went straight inside. Emmett arrived and appeared inside the house before she could shut the door. "Was he telling the truth. You're only around me for sex."

"No." He said. "Aria, have I ever tried anything yet." She shook her head. "I would never do that like he thinks. I'm helping you learn control before you discover why we feel a connection."

"Okay."

"Come here." He said as she ran into his arms crying. "Don't ever listen to him. You have my word that I am not around you just for that."

"I trust you." She tells him. "What else is there to being a vampire? Well, you type."

"We can't get out in the sun." He tells her. "We sparkle."

Aria started laughing causing Emmett to playfully glare at him. "You're joking." He shook his head with a smile. "You will have to show me sometime soon."

"I will." He said. "I'll let you know when the sun is out."

Aria smiled as she looked at him. She knew he wasn't lying to her at all. Everything he said was the truth. She smiled as he moved her blonde hair out of her face causing her to grab his hand and drag him to the living room. "Let's watch a game or a movie."

"You had me at game."

Aria laughed as they started watching a football game. Emmett looked at the blonde beside him and knew that he will have to tell her about them being mates. For right now, everything seemed to be perfect for them. Something he hopes to continue when she learns they are mates.