Sixteen: The Tale of the Pack

Filler chapter
The day was peaceful for Aria. She had no clients as of now, but she knew Emmett was coming to see her. The blonde walked outside just to see Emmett. "Hey, what are you doing here early?"

"There's something you should know about why Edward refused to go to La Push." He says as they sat on the swing. "What they are is something against us."

"Like enemies?"

"Yeah, but there is also a treaty." He tells her. "It started after I was turned..."
~~~
Later that day, Emmett watched Aria fix a woman's nails. He told her about the treaty, but knew that he had to tell her more. The blonde didn't know how to feel about what Emmett told her, but she was also happy that he told her.

Emmett watched the woman pay Aria before leaving. "Thank you." She says. "For telling me, but why tell me?"

"Because I don't want them attacking you, but I will show you where the treaty line is." He says walking over to her. "Plus they imprint, which I don't think they will do that with us."

"I don't ever want to meet them." She says. "I just want you."

Emmett couldn't believe what he was hearing. Aria didn't want to be near the shifters, just him. He pulled her up and hugged her. "You have every right to know about this life. I love you."

Aria looked up at him smiling. "I'm so glad that we met last year because instead of saying I fell in love at first sight. I actually fell in love at first bite."

Emmett laughed as he turned her sign off. "No more work. It's time for us to continue today without worrying."

"Will you tell me more?"

"Sure." He says. "Ask whatever."

Aria smiled as they went to the living room to talk about vampires and the shifters. Only one thing they hope to do is find out who her father is.