Seventeen: Sunny Day In

The one thing Aria didn't understand is how she wasn't shining like the other Cullens. She thought for a moment that it could be because she's part human. Emmett walked into the room causing the blonde to look at him. "Why do I have this very bad feeling that she finds out and things will change for the worse?"

"Because it will." He says kissing her head. "Don't let it get to you."

Aria nodded as she had clients coming for their appointments. Emmett smiled as she walked into her nail salon. He went to the kitchen to call them and let them know one thing. Keep him and Aria out of the drama that is coming. He doesn't want Aria getting scared because of Bella learning the truth. 'Emmett?"

"Yeah, babe."

"Can you find us a movie? My clients aren't coming today. They want to enjoy the warm weather today." She says as she walked in to see him getting ready to dial a number. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm just calling them to tell them to keep us out."

"That won't happen and we both know it."
~~~
Sometime that evening, Emmett and Aria were fixing dinner together. The blonde had her mate go out and get some blood as she wanted to see how that tested with food for Emmett. He wondered about this experiment as none of the vampires ever done this, but Aria thinks outside the box. As always. "Babe, I'm kind of scared."

Aria chuckled. "Sounds like me when we met."

"That day broke my heart." He confessed as she looked at him. "You were so scared, covered in blood, and just seeing the state you were in told me you never knew about your life."

"I'll be honest. My hole life, my parents kept me safe. When someone was bleeding, we would leave, but I never knew." She tells him as she set the plates down as Emmett placed food on it. "Just that one cut was enough and they weren't there to protect me."

"What happened to them?"

"Plane crashed." She tells him. "They wanted to have their second honeymoon and when they got on that plane..." A tear fell causing Emmett to pull her into a hug. "I blamed them after I killed so many people."

"You never knew about being a hybrid. That was hidden from them." Emmett poured the animal blood on top of the food. "Let's try this."

Aria sat down at the table as Emmett sat in the other chair across from her. She smiled as he took a his first bite of food since the day he turned. She watched him look at her. "Well?"

"Baby, this actually tastes good." He says. "Man, you know how to make a sunny day in good."

The blonde smiled as she continued to eat. Emmett looked up at her and wondered how that one night changed everything for them. He helped her as she gave him the love that he wanted. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too."