CH-14

[AVERY'S POV]

I walked towards the bench, holding onto my bear.

She gifted me this teddy bear, I love it.

The day was pretty sunny.

I was enjoying the day, I heard some footsteps nearing me from behind, when i turned my head I saw Mike.

The guy who always bullied me. I sighed in frustration and diverted my gaze on the ground.

"Hey Avery!" He shouted, I looked at him with annoyance, a small pebble came flying towards me from his hand and got slammed on my forehead. I rubbed my skin gently and started walking towards a tree where other children like me were playing.

"Avery! Where are you going?"

I heard Mike's voice but I decided to keep walking.

From a far distance I saw a similar car parking.

When I saw her getting out of the car, I couldn't control my smile.

Before going to her, i turned around to look at Mike. He was still following me.

"Stop following me, i won't get in between if she saw you bullying me." I warned him.

"Who is she?" He asked, he scratched his head and kept looking at me.

I pointed my finger towards her turning my head in her direction.

She was now close. She removed her sunglasses and stared at me with a smile. She kept her hands inside her pockets as she kept looking at me with excitement.

I felt a push on my shoulders, I saw the ground coming towards my face.

My face was slammed on the ground and it basically injured my half of the part of my face.

Since she was here, I quickly tried to get up but she reached me and got on her knee, "Are you alright?" She asked me with concern visible in her voice.

I hummed, my eyes started gathering with tears and I couldn't control myself, my tears started falling as my lips got pursed.

She wiped my tears by cupping my cheeks. "It's alright, get up..." She helped me in standing up.

I was much more taller than before.

She looked at Mike and walked towards him. "How old are you?" She asked him.

"Nine... My mom is waiting for me..." He whispered in a low voice and started walking off.

She gripped on his upper arm and pulled him backwards. It was kind of Harsh.

"Don't you know, pushing someone for no reason is a bad habit?" She spoke looking at him.

"No, I don't! Who are you to tell me what I should do!? I pushed her and I will keep pushing her whenever I want!! What are you going to do!" He shouted.

"Kid, do you want to get slapped?" She asked bending at his height, resting her palms on her knees.

I quickly walked towards her and gripped on her arm, "Yoohyeon, it's alright, let's not talk to him..." I spoke looking at her.

She hummed and intertwined our fingers. We started walking towards the house, it was a house for me. Since I started living here for almost a year now. I call it as my house.

I felt a tight hand on my shoulder, i panicked and my grip became tight on Yoohyeon's hand. We both turned around to look at Mike.

He made some wierd faces and started mocking me again, "Your parents died. Mine didn't, they left me here on their own. Look at you, you were staying at someone else's plac-..."