chapter 08, the lost lover

I am going through an existential crisis

That girl whom I met in the washroom the other day- whose name is Cho - is pretty much flaunting in front of me. 

She's clinging onto Heeseung like a freakin vine and she keeps giving me glances like duh-i-told-ya-heeseung-likes-me. 

Why does that even bother me? I just went to my locker to get my books but then I find this disgusting scene and now I can't get myself to not see...???

But the fact that Heeseung doesn't even bother that vine clinging onto him is giving me this heavy feeling in my chest. It's not... jealousy, right? 

"Heeseungie~" Cho pouted in front of him, trying to get my attention. "Do you want to hang out today? How about my house? My parents aren't home today~"

"No" Heeseung simply replied, smacking her arms away from him. Cho caught me looking at her and I gave her a smirk. 

"Heeseung! Let's go get coffee," Cho forced harder, clinging to his arms again. 

I shut my locker door, harder than usual, which caught Heeseung's attention. He suddenly looked more nervous than usual. Is Lee Heeseung nervous? Ha, no one could imagine that BULLY being nervous in front of anyone. But here he is. Lol. 

"G-get away from me..." He pushed Cho away, half glancing at me. 

 I took a glimpse of him and walked away with my books in my hands. 

I don't even know why I was so annoyed. 

Time skip

I made my way to the rooftop to get some fresh air. 

I leaned in against the parapet, looking down at the schoolyard, where kids ran around and snatched food from each other. 

Sometimes, it feels good to be all by myself, without anyone fussing around or whining about boys (sorry Yeona!)

Suddenly, I heard a muffled voice from somewhere. "When did Jay tell he was coming again?"

My heart stopped for a second. I turned around towards where the sound came from. There was a small room at the far corner of the rooftop that looked like a storeroom of some sort. 

I slowly walked towards the room, not making any noise. I spotted a tin shed that was beside the small enclosure and crouched under it, trying to fit my butt. 

I rose to a safe height and peeped inside the room through the small window. 

There were discarded benches and desks scattered all over the room. There were beer and wine bottles thrown on the floor, and inside, were six boys sitting on the desks, smoking.