chapter 23, hana

Heeseung's pov

Heeseung's pov

I walked behind her after she came out of the library. At this point, I didn't know if I were a stalker or a random dude trying to protect his friend. 

She was with Hwan, who happily jumped with excitement for God knows what reason. And no ten seconds longer, Jay erupted from the door, hurrying towards Jia and Hwan, and throwing his arms around her shoulder. I bit my tongue, probably a little hard, but I was a bit preoccupied to notice the pain. 

I didn't trust Jia with Jay. He, for once, did not know about the messed up circumstances. Who knew, he might lead her right into a snare. 

And lead her into a snare he did. 

It was when Jay dropped her off in front of her apartment gate and gave her a peck on the cheeks. 

He fled away, without even waiting for her to get inside safely, right when a tall, blond boy came out of the shadows of the trees. My natural instinct would have been to run to Jia and pull her behind me while I fought the stranger. But for some unknown reason, I stood my ground and watched. 

I watched as the boy caught hold of Jia's arms. 

I watched as Hwan gave out a loud scream. 

I watched as Jia struggled to free herself from the boy's grip. 

I just watched. 

 The boy's face was always at an angle away from my view, so I couldn't make out who it was. It hit me like a truck and I jumped up from my hiding spot. 

"HEY!" I shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER" 

"Ohoo, look who's here," the blond boy cooed, pulling Jia closer to him. I fastened my pace towards the shady gate. "We didn't think you'd come this quick...unless you were stalking her?"

Just then, four more boys erupted from the darkness, in all-black glossy jackets and leather boots. Now, of course, I could take them down in a one-man army, but they had stout guns and thin knives. 

"You hear that, babe? He was stalking you," a dark-haired boy said. 

"Do. Not. Call. Me. Babe." 

"Let go of her, Yeonjun. Now," I said, advancing carefully so as to not cause any consequential problems that could harm Jia. 

"Or what, Lover Boy?" The dark-haired boy, Taehyun, put in. "You've stolen our popularity in this town with your dense, silly gang of friends. All of the respect we had, it's vanished like it was never there. You don't deserve to walk around like you own this place" 

"Seriously," Jia struggled. "Why pull me into your foolish fight?" 

"Because, babe," Yeonjun said, holding a knife at her throat, at which Hwan started crying louder. "Aren't you his most prized possession? That's what that friend of yours told us...what was her name again?"