chapter 12, sweetheart

heeseung's pov

"I don't want to go to that party!"

"Heeseung-ah, please," Mom persuaded. "for your dad's image"

"'for you dad's image,' 'for the sake of your dad', " I said, losing my cool. "Have you ever thought about what  want?!"

"Oh, look at that ungrateful tongue of his!" Dad screeched. He stood up from his chair at the dining table and walked toward me. 

Dad caught the collar of my shirt and pushed me backward, sending me stumbling toward the wall. I heard mom gasp, but she didn't come to help me to my feet.

"Is it that hard, dad?" I asked as he walked toward me. "Is it that hard to care for me? Your son? Never really thought if I'm okay with your decisions, haven't you?"

"You will do what I say, kid," dad said, coming closer to my face, ignoring my rants. "Because I'm the one who feeds you. As long as you are under my roof, you follow my rules. You will come to the business party because I want you to. Understand?"

I scoffed. "Because you want me to, sure." I glared at my dad. "Sorry dad, but I'm not your slave. You can promote your stupid school at that stupid party on your own. I'm not coming with you and that's my final word"

 "So you want to play the hard way?" He asked, smiling. "Fine"

My heart started racing. Dad's like that; eye-for-an-eye type. This time wouldn't be different too. 

"Those petty little friends of yours," he started, and I instantly knew I was screwed up. "they're failing this year. How does that sound?"

"Especially that girl, Kang Jia," He continued. "Pretends she knows everything, doesn't she?"

"You can't do that," I spoke, clenching my fists. "My friends have nothing to do with the choices I make"

"Oh, I sure can. I own the school," dad remarked, smiling indecently. "Did you forget that?"

"But that's not fair," I said, anger boiling up inside me. 

Dad chuckled. "You asked for it, son"

Third-person pov

Heeseung slammed the door of his room shut and kicked a nearby table, sending the lamp on top of it flying across the room and shattering into a million pieces. 

Heeseung punched the mirror in front of him as angry tears streamed down his face. The mirror shattered, too. His knuckles started bleeding with a burst of sudden pain. 

But the pain always calmed him down, just as using weak people as a punching bag did.

"Fucking hell," Heeseung cursed and hit the broken glass again. 

His cheeks were now completely soaked in tears as he stared at himself through the broken mirror. He hated being weak. He hated crying. It just sounded too cheesy to Heeseung when people cried because they were broken.