chapter 16, drunk

"Jay, look"

"Huh?" Jay asked, looking up from his glass of wine. 

I pointed to the nearest couch in front of the bar. Heeseung was passed out on the couch, and there was a girl...kissing him. 

Jay gave out a scoff as if he saw that coming. "What do you expect? He's a player. Players play"

"But he's passed out and that girl is taking advantage of him-"

"That's what he wants, doesn't he? He is always hitting on girls and breaking their hearts. Serves him right," Jay said, chugging his drink in one gulp. "Anyway, do you want to get drinks?" 

It took me a minute to take my gaze away from the passed-out guy and the snogging girl. I wanted to get a glimpse of the girl but she was way too into Heeseung. 

She finally got up to take a breath and I saw her face. 

It was Cho the vine. 

"Sure," I said to Jay, ignoring the fire in my stomach. 

Jay invited me by pulling me out of my house when I said I was crying over the couple in a movie. I guess I was better off watching that movie and crying with popcorn in my nose than watching this disgusting scene. 

The worst part? We had to pass right in front of them to get to the bar. 

We walked right past them and Jay pulled my face away from Heeseung and Cho so that I was now looking at him. 

"Look at me instead," He said, looking right into my eyes. 

I decided I would rather look at the ground. 

"What does this lovely couple want?" I was made to look up to the voice of the bartender. 

"Uh, sorry we're not-" 

"Yes, we would like some grape juice, please," Jay said, cutting me off. I glared at him and he winked at me, making my stomach flip on its head. 

"Sure," the bartender said, disappearing behind the stock of bottles. 

We suddenly heard a groan behind us, startling us. Heeseung woke up from his alcoholic slumber and stared at Cho. The girl smiled at him as he sat up, trying to figure out his surrounding. 

But it looked like Heeseung was way too wasted to stay awake for thirty seconds. 

He fell back on the couch and passed away, again

The bartender passed us our drinks and smiled at me, making me want to throw the glass at his face. 

"Let's go somewhere else," Jay said, catching the guy's smile at me. 

We turned to go and I saw Cho the vine gone from Heeseung, who was sleeping with a bottle of wine in his hands. 

Jay sighed. "We have to do something about him now, haven't we?"