chapter 19, twisted

Third person pov

"What did you do, Heeseung?" Jay's voice startled him. He turned around to anxiously look at Jay, who was standing by the door, his forehead furrowed with confusing lines. 

"I-I don't know what happened..." Heeseung started but Jay cut him off. 

"You've already ruined her social image, now this?" 

Heeseung couldn't believe what he just heard. His own best friend doubting him was the last thing he expected. 

"You're blaming me?" Heeseung asked. Jay simply shrugged his shoulders and looked judgingly and him. 

Just then, two other voices were heard approaching the class and Heeseung instantly knew it meant no good. 

Yeona and Hana entered the class, chatting, when their eyes fell on Heeseung and the bloody girl beside him. 

"WHAT THE HELL, JIA!" Yeona rushed towards Jia, knocking Heeseung aside. "What did you do, Heeseung? Heck, why did you do, Heeseung?" 

"I didn't do anything! I just came in here and saw her like this," Heeseung tried to defend himself. 

Yeona exasperatedly looked at Heeseung. "Help me take her to the nurse" 

Jia sat alone on the infirmary bed, picking at the lone thread on the pillow.

The door burst open and a group of people came storming inside. Jia was filled with anxiety and her heart rate rose up.

"Jia, are you okay?" Yeona questioned Jia, looking deep into her eyes as if she had been expecting Jia would lie.

"I'm fine." And so she did.

"The nurse said apparently it's a migraine?" Jay questioned more than he stated.

"Jia," Yeona called out to her, who seemed to be lost in another world of her own. "Why didn't you tell us about your migrane?"

"I-," Jia searched for the right explanation. "It didn't seem important, so I-"

"Of course it is important!" Jay burst in.

Right then, the nurse came in and everyone got shooed outside Jia was left alone once again but with the nurse this time.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I don't know," Jia said. "I don't remember anything"

Time skip

Jia treaded in the hallways like a zombie waiting on its death. Her head throbbed with pain and she felt like she would fall on her knees anytime now. She gripped the handle of her locker, trying to remember why she was there. Strangely, she kept forgetting things after she passed out.

She popped two painkillers and chugged half her water bottle, right when someone appeared in front of her locker.

"Any better?" Heeseung asked. He had his backpack hung on one shoulder. His hair was messed up and sweaty and he had patches of water on his already-see-through white shirt. "Just came from football practice, sorry. We're having a tournament with the school from across the country"

Jia shut her locker hard and faced him. "Why do you keep showing up after you mess up things?"

Heeseung was too confused to answer.

"You put up that poster after kissing me, you end up drunk in my apartment in which my five-year-old brother lives, and now you come up to my locker all sweaty and stinky asking if I'm okay." Jia ranted everything in one breath, not completely knowing what she was bringing upon herself.

"Oh," was all he said. He turned around on his heel and walked away.

Jia's pov 

I made my way to my workplace, aka the library, this time with Hwan beside me. He was sipping on his juice box, humming to some nursery songs. 

I thought about my nosebleed on the way. I didn't remember anything that happened before I woke up in the infirmary bed. It was all so overwhelming.

We entered the building and I was greeted by Mrs. Bae, who was arranging books on the shelves. 

"Mrs. Bae, please let me do that," I said, quickly taking books from her hands and arranging them myself. 

"Oh thank you, darling," she said. "Is this cutie your brother?" 

"Yes, Mrs. Bae," I said, looking at Hwan, who shyly looked at Mrs. Bae.

Mrs. Bae handed him some comic books, which Hwan excitedly took and thanked her. 

Mrs. Bae chuckled at his cuteness. "You can read over here," she said, pointing at the reception desk. 

_

After being done with an eternity's work, I was finally done with everything and rested my ass on one of the reading couches. 

There was silence in the library. For a moment, I forgot about my shitty day and enjoyed the moment. But it all just lasted for one breath. 

There were loud clicks of heels nearby and before I knew a tall, slim girl was standing in front of me with her hands on her hips. I craned my neck and looked up at her. She was wearing a short, black, glossy skirt that had thin, silver chains across. A cropped top exposed her flawless stomach, which made me conscious of my own tummy. 

"Hello," I greeted her. Her Gucci bag shined on my face. "You're the girl who called me a playgirl in the washroom, right? Nice to see you again"

"Name's Cho," Gucci Girl said. "And yes, whatever I said the other day is true and proves to be true today too" 

"Elaborate please, I think I haven't had enough caffeine" 

"You're behind Heeseung again, aren't you?" Cho snarled at me. She looked as if she was trying to threaten me but instead, she looked like a dehydrated roach. I could not help but snicker. "What's so funny, huh? You're going to regret it very much messing with me" 

"So threatening," I said under my breath. "Also, what gives you the authority to tell me what to do or what not to do?"

"I can talk to Heeseung, be behind Heeseung, date Heeseung, or murder him," I continued despite the repulsive scowl on her face. "I can also turn you in for stalking my activities" 

I smiled at her and left for the exit of the library. 

Bitches. 

_______________

the whore is back

I know you're here instead of studying 👀

Also, any guesses on who is the culprit??🙃