chapter 14, detention

"Be grateful I got you out of that class," Heeseung enunciated. "You would probably rot inside"

He walked toward the desk at the end of the room. He aggressively pulled out the chair and sat down, and as he did, he took a cigarette out of his pocket. 

"You're a smoker," I remarked. 

"Isn't that attractive?" Heeseung asked, lighting it. "Girls usually find it hot"

I gave him a disgusted look and sat at the other end of the room, far from Heeseung. 

"Why, aren't you tempted?" Heeseung asked when I didn't reply. 

"Tempted to do what?"

"You know, kiss me or something?"

"Why would I kiss you, you idiot?!" I asked, surprised. "You got my first black mark on my spotless record. I'll probably fail because of you"

Heeseung's roguish look disappeared from his face. He took out his cigar and held it in between his fingers as he gaped at me. 

"What?" I asked at his sudden change of expression. 

"Nothing," he said and looked away. He sighed and started scribbling on his notebook in front of him, in which he was supposed to write 'The benefits of detention.'

I stared at Heeseung, who simply doodled in his notebook. 

"Huh," I said to myself and turned away to write my own essay. 

I stared at the blank page of my notebook, thinking about what to write. What was possibly good about DETENTION!? 'The odds of getting stuck with a jerk-ass guy in the same room are bad', I wrote on my blank sheet. Then I scratched it multiple times until there was a hole in the paper.

I pressed the nib of my pencil so hard on my notebook, that it broke off, graphite rushing all over the pages. The pencil fell down on the floor, making a loud clunking noise. the sound echoed in the room, considering how small it was. 

The room was probably the smallest one I'd seen so far as if built solely for detention purposes. There were barely five desks in the room, with a small slit for a window and as if sunlight was a stranger.

"Hey," I heard a voice above me. I looked up to see Heeseung staring down at me, with his notebook in his hands. 

"What?" I snapped at him. 

Heeseung snorted. "Cut that attitude, will you?"

"Did I hear an apology? No? I thought I did," I blankly said, gazing back at my notebook. 

Heeseung scoffed. "Help me with my essay," he stated. "Would be better if you wrote it for me"

"How I wish to kick your ass-"

Heeseung slammed the notebook on my desk. "Thanks in advance," he said and walked off to his desk. He took out his phone and started texting someone. 

"Oh, there's a trash can. Wait, is that your notebook in there?" 

"Yah, don't mess with me!" Heeseung looked up from his phone, surprised. "Don't you know who I am? I am the son of the principal!"

"Okay, son of the principal," I said. "Use your powers and get us out of here, then"

Heeseung stammered. "T-that I can't do..." 

"Hmm," I plainly said. "Then I'm afraid I can't write your essay"

I picked up his notebook, walked up to his desk, and dropped it on top of all his other books. 

"Yah, why can't you use that smart brain of yours and help me!?" Heeseung shouted, standing up from his chair.

"Because!" I yelled. "You're the reason why we're here in the first place"

"I just wanted your notes, is that a big deal!?" Heeseung shrieked. "Stop making everything seem so big when it's not, okay?!" 

"If you would've given me your notes in the first place and not been a bitch, then we wouldn't be here!" He continued. His black eyes looked teary. "It's all your fault!" 

I stared at Heeseung, dumfounded. Maybe I was acting a bit restless. Maybe I did make it a big deal. Then I saw Heeseung's face and anger rushed inside me again. 

"You're unbelievable, Lee Heeseung," I whispered under my breath. "I'm leaving" 

I gathered all my stuff from my desk and stuffed everything in my backpack. I crumbled up my half-written essay and threw it in the trash can. 

"You can't..." I heard Heeseung say. "It's locked from the outside"

"You're kidding me, right?" I said, walking up to the door. Only when I twisted the door handle, did I find out that it was locked. 

I released a heavy sigh. That was so frustrating. I leaned my back on the door and closed my eyes, well aware that Heeseung was staring at me. 

"Fuck you, Lee Heeseung..." I muttered under my breath. Then I heard the screeching of a chair and I opened my eyes to see Heeseung, glaring at me. 

Heeseung pushed the chair so hard, that it fell to the floor, and he started walking toward me.

"Yah..." I started, but seeing Heeseung's angry face shut me up. He agressively pushed me to the wall and slammed his hands beside my face. 

"I dare you to say that one more time," Heeseung said, coming closer to me. 

"With pleasure," I said, smirking. "Fuck you, Lee Heeseung" 

Heeseung smashed his lips on mine, intoxicating me with his chocolate perfume. He held on to my jaw with one hand and my hip with the other. His soft lips were captivating, but he moved his lips passionately on mine. 

Before it was too long, I came back to my senses and pushed him away. 

"What the fuck!?" I stared at him, astounded, as he simply looked back at me, with our faces still inches away. "You can't just steal somebody's first kiss like that!"

"I'm glad it was me," Heeseung said, smirking. My ears and cheeks started feeling warm and I had to look away in order to hide my embarrassing self.

"What a player," I muttered to myself. 

"What was it, darling?" Heeseung asked, coming closer to my face. He stared down at my lips. "Is that you asking for another kiss?"

"Fuck y-" I instantly covered my mouth with my hands, realizing what I was about to say. Heeseung started laughing at me. 

"Go away," I pushed him away, his deviant look still on his face, as he smirked at my embarrassment. 

re-readers, yall are lucky I didn't remove the kissing scene hahahaha