chapter 17, everyone knows

I woke up to the sound of light murmurs from the hallway.

I groaned and brushed the hair out of my eyes and turned towards my side to check up on Hwan, but found pillows covered with the blanket instead. Confused and still hearing the murmurs, I got out of bed and wore my bunny flip-flops, and made my way outside my room.

"You can't color the sun with black, H-man," a familiar voice said. And before I could get even more confused, it hit me that I had invited a drunk Heeseung to stay over.

"It's a solar eclipse, Heeseung Hyung," Hwan replied and you could literally hear his eyes roll.

"Morning," I said, clearing my throat. The boys turned their heads in my direction.

"Hello ma'am," Heeseung sang.

"Noona!" Hwan greeted me. He rushed towards me and jumped into my arms, his honey-brown eyes shining with delight.

I chuckled at his move. "What's with the happiness, Hwanie?"

He brushed his head on my stomach, the thing he always does when he is happy for no reason at all.

Suddenly, I heard the familiar notification sound of my phone from somewhere. I remembered I had it with me before going to sleep.

"Oh!" Hwan exclaimed. He ran back to where he was sitting with Heeseung and pulled out my good old cracked phone from under the pillows.

"Why do you have my phone, Hwan?" I questioned, approaching the two.

"We were looking for drawings to make," Hwan said, scrolling distractedly. "But Jay Hyung keeps texting you"

My stomach flipped on its head and I rushed to him and snatched my phone from him.

"Looks like he's really worried about you," Heeseung said coldly. He pulled Hwan onto his lap and stared daggers at me.

"He's the one who saved you from your cruel dad yesterday," I squinted my eyes at him, defending Jay.

Jay :/

Jia, where are you? You've been ignoring my calls.

Please call me back.

How's Heeseung?

I'm coming to your apartment if you don't respond in ten minutes.

"I should leave," Heeseung spoke. "You don't want any embarrassment lurking in your home when a gentleman drops by"

I was too speechless to say anything. He got up, carefully lifting up Hwan with him and placing him on the couch.

"Don't try to help me again." Heeseung slammed open the door to leave, but there was already someone standing in front of it.

"Hello Jay," Heeseung blankly greeted him.

"Heeseung," Jay said back.

The two of them just stared at each other with squinted eyes and fierce disdain started creeping into the air.

Hwan jumped up to greet Jay but I held him back. He looked at me confused.

"Looks like you are in great shape now, aren't you," Jay commented. "You looked pretty kiddish yesterday. You didn't even know how many people you kissed. Oops, did I embarrass you in front of a girl?"

"You have a big mouth," Heeseung said, his nostrils flaring.

"So you noticed"

Heeseung advanced toward Jay with a ready fist when my defensive instincts kicked in and I stepped in between the two.