chapter 11, feelings

"That is creepy, Jia," Hana commented. "Jay almost hit you and he started fighting with Heeseung"

"Heeseung started the fight," I said. "and how is that creepy?"

I heard Yeona sigh behind me. I made eye contact with her from the mirror and I put on some lip balm. 

"Girl, it's fine," I chuckled. "I've been trying to avoid the two of them as much as I can"

Hana smiled behind me. "Good," she said. "we don't want any trouble here, do we?"

I put on my tie and straightened my collar. Yeona and Hana had come over to my house on the news of the fight from two days back. 

"But you should have told us, Jia," Yeona sighed. "what if Jay did something to you?"

"Like what?" I spun around. "Hit me? Do you think I would've let him to? I'm already sore about that on him, if he touches me again I'm breaking his neck"

"Awesome," Yeona said. "You're safe. But we're late for school"

time skip

Third-person pov

"You guys will be doing a project in groups of three," Ms. Jun said and started calling out names and grouping them. 

Yeona and Hana ended up in the same group, with Sunghoon in their team too. Jia looked at Yeona who was smiling unstoppably. 

Jia waited for her turn, but when her name wasn't called, she raised her hand. "Ms. Jun, my name wasn't called"

"Oh, is there anyone else whose name wasn't called?" Ms. Jun asked. Jia turned around the classroom to see if there was anyone else and spotted two hands raised. 

One was from behind her. And the other was from the far end of the classroom. 

"Okay, Jia, Heeseung, and Jay can be in one team," Ms. Jun informed and continued her class. 

Jia cursed inside her head. 

-

"I'm stuck with you, ugh," Heeseung blankly said. 

"You think I want to be with you?" Jia asked, irritated. "I'd rather date a cat than be on your team"

"So you are comparing me to a cat?"

"Yeah, and cats are better than you"

"I mean, where's the lie? Cats are cute," Heeseung shrugged, crossing his arms. "So you are telling me I'm cute"

"Yeah right," Jia blurted out. "And I'm hot"

"Of course you are hot," a male voice said. Suddenly, Jia felt an arm around her shoulders.