16

"Ooo, spill. I got time."

"Ok Jeff let's go." Stefania says as she clips her pink shaded leash on her collar.

It's a rather sunny day. Leaves falling all around. The weather is perfect. Just how the Italian likes it. The atmosphere alone reminds her of home.

Italy has always been her home. Since most of her immediate family has passed, she hasn't visited, and has barely been in contact.

The brunette often thinks about the day she finally goes back. The day when she will be able to face her family and have the support she's always dreamed of.

As Stefania continues to go into deep thought, she bumps into someone.

"Ah. Watch where you're going. I just got this coffee, and now I can't even drink it." The angry woman states.

"Omg i am so sorry. Here let me get you napkins." Stefania says as she scrambled to find the nearest stand.

"Here you go. Again, i apologize. I seriously owe you one." The brunette says as she finally looks up.

"You're lucky you're cute." The blonde haired woman says.

Stefania puts her head down, and steps away. A few seconds later, the Italian feels and unfamiliar pair of fingers on her chin as her head made its way up again.

"Hi. My names Arizona. How about you?"

"Umm- Ste- Stefania. Nice to meet you, but I should get going."

"Ok, but here's my number if you ever wanna...... you know.... Get together sometime." Arizona says as she walks away with her hand lingering on Stefania's arm.

"Oh- ok."

This woman. Is very pretty, however she is not the blonde this certain Italian wants to be with.

Stefania then tries to shake off the interaction, and move on with her day. As she starts walking down the path she starts to feel eyes on her.

As the brunette gets further, the feeling becomes stronger.

"Ruff ruff!" Jeff barks as she stops.

"Woah, what's up Jeff? Did you see a squirrel?" The brunette asks. As she lifts her head once more, she spots a very calming pair of eyes. Blue like the ocean.

"Dan- Danielle. Hey!"

"Hi Stefania. I was just about to leave. Don't miss our session. It's in 2 hours in case you lost track of time, flirting with another woman."

Stefania doesn't even have time to answer because the doctor is long gone.

"What the-"

-

"Come in." Danielle says.

"Hi. Doctor. I brought you some coffee?"

"I've already had one. Thanks. Can you sit down please? I wanna get this started." Danielle scowls as she continues to look down and her note pad.

As of right now, Stefania is so confused. She didn't think Danielle could ever be jealous? The only time that had happened was with Jay and well.... We all know how that turned out.

"Did I do something wro-"

"I don't know. And I'd prefer it if we can just keep it professional today."

"Oh ok." Stefania says as she fiddles with her fingers.

"So. The last time we spoke. You were having trouble sleeping? Having nightmares about your dad and brother, is that correct?"

"Ye- yes. I have."

"Has it gotten any better?"

"Um yes. For one night it seemed to fade......"

"And could you describe what you did differently that day?"

"Um. Well. I- um was with someone." The Italian says as she finally lifts her head up to meet the doctors eyes.

"I was with someone who makes my heart skip a beat. Someone who makes me question if I am even capable of  having these kinds of scary feelings. Someone who  makes me wonder why it took me so long to tell them I liked them in the first place."

Stefania's eyes start to tear up just enough for Danielle to understand.

"Um. They seem good for you, no?"

"Si. I really think so."

There was a small pause in the rooms as each looks around to room. No eye contact was made, and soon after the silence, the sound of the doctors pen hitting the paper surrounded the room.

The two women then get to talking again about techniques that are helpful when waking up from a nightmare. That definitely took up most of their session, and before they knew it, time was up.

There is, however, one more question the doctor has to ask.

"Can I ask what this person did that made you feel calm enough to finally sleep peacefully?"

"They were just themselves. Being cuddled up to them all night, and waking up to them the next morning.... was all I've ever wanted. I just hope they feel the same way."

"I'm sure they do." Danielle whispers quietly.

"What was that?" Stefania asks curiously.

"Oh, nothing. However, I think that concludes our session for today." The blonde says as she stands up from her chair.

"Wait. Stefania. May I ask you one more thing?"

"Si, what is it?"

"Would I happen to know this person?"

"Ummmm. I don't know. She's blonde, Has very pretty eyes, she makes dumb dad jokes, but I can handle it. Oh! And she is also a therapist. But I think  thats about it. Nothing too special." The Italian winks with a slight smirk.

Danielles mouth fell wide open as she started to chuckle softly.

"Nothing too special huh? Well I hope they can make it up to you? Maybe take you out to dinner?" Danielle suggests.

"I would like that a lot." Stefania says, as she heads out of the door.

-

*ding*

Stefania quickly gets out of the shower as she hears her phone go off in the next room.

Danielle:):
"Hey Stefania, I just wanted to apologize for how I treated you today. You didn't deserve that, and to be quite honest, I got jealous seeing you talk to another woman. I hope this doesn't change things, and I can still take you out to dinner?"

Stefania:
"Hey Danielle. It's ok. I was kind of confused at first, but I'm sorry if I made you feel any kind of way when I was talking to her. I spilled my coffee, and I felt bad. I promise she's not competition. No one can compete with you......"

As soon as Stefania sent that text she flipped her phone over and got dressed.

-

Danielle looks down at her phone precisely as she receives the text back from Stefania.

The blonde is blushing to say the least. This date has to be perfect.

A/N (authors note):
Where do you think Danielle is going to plan this date? Will everything go according to plan?

Heyyy beautiful people! How is everyone? I hope everybody had an amazing thanksgiving!

What was your favorite food you ate? Mine was definitely the meatballs:)

Comment what you wanna see next!!