09• Confrontation

Zenith:/ze-nith/ The highest point

Song: That way by Tate McRae
( the slowed version is really the best )

K E N D A L L.

It's been 2 days since Valerie told us about Nathan. It hasn't been easy for me to comprehend all of it. I wish we hadn't made it look so bad and misjudging him .

I was angry at Val for not telling me about this earlier , same way I'm angry at his dad for not being a good parent. Thank God for those people that stood with him and helped him come this far .

I have been trying to reach out to him . I want to get to know him . I want to give him a chance. I need to tell him he is normal and deserves all the love in the world .

I researched on Asperger syndrome that night I got to know a lot about it because I couldn't sleep . I know all the signs and behavioral symptoms. I know about how they tend to say their mind without any worry of how it will make the other feel .

What I am yet to understand is why he touched me . That's not part of how they behave he probably did that because of a reason . What's the reason?

Well not everyone exercise same symptoms or all the symptoms. A lot went through my mind and that increased the thirst to see him.

I need to see you .

*

I ran after Devon trying to catch up with him after lectures. He is definitely is in a higher level but I'm guessing he spilled so have to lectures for course that's why he come only once.

"Hey please I need to talk to you '' I spoke up and he stopped .

''I'm so sorry for what happened that other day '' Devon Started to say. "

"what? Sorry for what ? I should be the one apologizing " I blurted out.

"No, we should be the one apologizing" he said .

"Okay fine I'm not angry at him anymore. I just need to talk to him. I tried calling but no answer'' I said with so much frustration.

''Sure, he has this small house he goes anytime he wants to be alone . He has really been going there a lot these days " he said before going for a paper to write down the address for me .

"Thank you so much " I whispered softy .

"And I didn't give you the address" he warned. I left immediately for the address given to me.

I walked into the compound and saw Nathan's car parked outside. The house doesn't look like anyone lives in it or is this another set up I thought within me. No it can't be .

I got to the door only to find out that it was opened. "Why would he leave the door opened" I thought angrily within me someone could come in and hurt him.

Why do you suddenly care so much? I questioned myself. Well that's you just being human I answered myself.

I pushed the door open as gently as possible. The interior is well set up and very clean. Does he do all these cleaning himself I thought within me as I made way to search for him.

After looking everywhere and not seeing any traces of him I turned to go back . Immediately I turned to go I saw him standing right in front of me . I almost jumped out of my skin in fear . I fell down and hurt myself.

"What's wrong with you " I said shouting at him . Some how ,some way I expected him to have held me from falling but he didn't and I'm slightly pissed .

"What's wrong with me?" He asked . He smirked and moved to drop what was in his hand on the table in the kitchen . Was he pissed I said that .

"OMG I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that to you " I said realizing that could have triggered some memories.

"I don't need your empathy or whatever this is" he said with a straight face. "Suddenly you want to be touched " he added and scoffed.

I wanted to fire back at him but I had to stop myself.

"Nathan I'm not here to fight with you I just want to talk to you " I said dropping down my shoulders.

"Isn't it a little wicked you have the right to say you want to see me to talk and I don't " he said as he continue squeezing a wooly ball .

He sounded so calmly but I wasn't buying it. He seem pained.

I looked down to look at it but he stopped immediately he saw I was staring at his hands.

"It's fine '' I said looking into his eyes .

"What's fine and what are you talking about " he asked .

"I know already " I said trying to sound calm as must as possible.  Kendall maybe you shouldn't say anything.

"Know what? Just be direct ma'am "He insisted bluntly

What?!! What happened to brown eyes?

"I know about your AS " I said softly. The next thing I heard was a loud noise.

By reflex, I had my eyes shot that I couldn't even know for sure if he deliberately smashed the glass or it slipped.

"No one has the fucking right to tell my business to anyone . No fucking one ! So what are you really here for huh to show pity?? " he asked with disgust .

"Last I checked you didn't want to see me nor talk to me . Now you're here suddenly, to do what huh I don't need anyone pitying me !" He shouted

OMG! What have I done ...

I totally understand how triggering this must have been now I regret saying anything. He was definitely so angry but he appeared calm than expected. I basically just felt like I was crazy.

I didn't know when I started crying. Even as tears rolled down my cheeks my eyes were still glued to his . I ever never been this sad ever not even over anyone . I was angry at myself for feeling the way I felt. Why do I care so much about him?

"Okay . I will leave right now " I said grabbing my bag to leave . I still couldn't stop the tears .
I came out of the house still bawling. I turned back and saw him looking at me cluelessly .

He tried to call me back but he must have lost his voice.

I cleaned my eyes and walked out of the place.

                                          *

I got to the room and saw Valerie pacing around and Kaylee was trying to calm her down .

"What is wrong ?" I asked placing my hands on her shoulder. "Don't fucking touch me !" She blurted out .

Is she angry at me or what? I was so confused and stressed. She's definitely angry but taking it out on me? It's not cool.

"Kaylee what happened when I was gone ?"

"You tell us where you are coming from " Kaylee said with a authoritative tone .

What's fucking going..

It then dawn on me Nathan must have figured out Val was the one who told me . Holy shit!

"What did you tell Nathan" Kaylee inquired.

"I'm so sorry . I didn't know it was going to come turn out this way " I said facing Valerie .

"For a moment I thought you always know-it-all " she said sarcastically as she emphasized the 'know-it-all'

She banged the door as she made her way out of the room .

Val! She was gone .

She has really reached the zenith of her anger.

~~~~

Yayyy
New update 😊
Does it make sense that Val Is pissed?
Please vote and comment thanks❤️&💡
Kim.