39• Intrusive valerie.

"He's like a drug and I'm an addict"

Patently:/pat-ent-ly/
Clearly and without doubt.

Song:cool by Dua lipa.

K E N D A L L.

I tried calling Theo back as I left Nathan's apartment but I couldn't reach him. Speaking about Nathan, I have not been able to get him out of my head. He's like a drug and I'm an addict. I hope he learns to love himself first, every bit of him is beautiful and wonderfully made by God and needs love. When I got outside my hall I decided to try his number again before I enter the room.

"Hi, Theo " finally he picked up.
"Hello" I heard a tiny voice say.
"Theo don't play games with me. Why were you blowing my fucking phone up with calls" I attacked.

"Kids! Cuss word !" The little girl warns.

Shit shit!! I totally ruled out the possibility it could be Hope. I said she could call whenever she feels like talking and I forgot I made that agreement with the little girl.

"Hi, bestie. How are you doing " I say Changing my tone as I scratch the top of my head.

"Why didn't you pick up when I called earlier, I think I have forgotten what I wanted to tell you .... hmm yah! I remember now. My aunt is staying here for a while and I don't like her and I don't think you would also. So if you want to see my brother or me, you should go somewhere else ."

Telling me you want to see me without actually saying it haha smart kid. "How do you know I won't like your Aunty ?" I ask out of mere novelty.

"I don't know I just know "
Okay, that's a bit confusing.

"Do you want to spend some time with me ?" I ask. Wait what am I doing? That would mean me hanging out with Theo and that's not what I want now. And I don't think they will allow her to stay with me alone.

"My mom said I should not go out and that I won't also be going to school "

"Why are you not going to school?" I ask quietly, worry in my tone.

"She said that's what is best for now " she answers. I could tell she was sad. Poor kid.

I heard someone call her name and I bet that voice sounded familiar. It wasn't Theo's voice, it was a lady's voice. I have been to their house and I have heard her mums voice before. Yeah, that has to be it.

"I have to go now bye-bye," she says cutting the call.

I fumble with my bag pack as I walked inside. I got to my room and opened the door. I met Valerie and Kaylee on the bed playing games on their phones.

They noticed my arrival and sat up properly to look at me. "Hi " Val greets.
"Hey " I wave at her. Awkwardddd!!!

They both began to laugh and I joined in. The waving was a bad idea I knew it. I just didn't know what to do though I was glad it helped to kinda ease the atmosphere.

"OmG thank God y'all are not still angry with me .lm sorry if I overreacted and make this come in between us " I sincerely apologized.
"But seriously hiding something important from me is wrong, like it's not alright ."

"It's fine Kendall. We understand that you had the right to be angry and I promise not to hide anything from you again " Kaylee says With a smile on her face. It's been long I see that I know it's just been days but not talking to someonr you talk to everyday seem like year's.

"I miss you " I answer honestly.
I dropped my bag and ran to hug her ." I miss you too ". Valerie joins moments after.

"How was your night though, " Valerie asks soon after we separated from our long hug.