32•Friends?

Lopsided :/lop-sid-ed/
Disproportionately Weighted in the favor of one side over another

Song : Fantasy by Alina Baraz & Galimatias

K E N D A L L.

I got up from the couch . I heard high tone voices from downstairs, I presume it was his parents quarreling . I folded the blanket well and placed it on the couch.

He came in shortly " Hey good morning ". He looked so stressed and I certainly blame me . "Good morning " I replied in a low tone because my voice won't come up higher than that .

"I made you breakfast, here is a toast bread and hot coffee, when you're done you can wash up and wear my hoodie it's kinda cold today "

"Oh wow . Theo I really want to say thank you for everything you have done already. You really didn't have to make me breakfast I could just go home and do all that "

"It's nothing Kendall I'm here for you , I have always been " he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Okay I guess I will have to taste your food and give my judgement on the edibility " I said jokingly.

"Wait what !!? I thought you were just going to eat and not do anything like anything, now you're going to judge !. Welp! I'm really a good cook " he exclaimed . I caught him smiling and nodding his head . He's probably saying this girl is a lot internally .

I was trying to joke around and lighten up the mood of everybody. He's parents were just arguing few minutes ago . I can just feel he's exhausted.

"And I think I need me a hoodie of yours that smells like you " I winked at him as I take a sip from my hot coffee. I watched him blush at my remark .

"Yeah you do "

"Oh really?" I teased . And we both started laughing out loud .

"I will give you time to do all you want to do and I will be back soon . Do you want to go home first or you will just go to school straight ?" He asked .

"I will still have to go home first because I have to get my bag , so yeah " I answered.

"It's strange how your sister never called you since yesterday "

"My phone is on flight mode she might have called. I will talk to her today " I said . I really don't want him to know I'm fighting with my twin sister because of a guy so he won't think of me differently. Don't I have the right to be pissed though?!! They were wrong !

"Well I have a confession " he said

"What is it Theo ?" I was really getting anxious. My anxiety level has gone up and my mood is just all over the place after yesterday's incident . I stared at him and nodded my head for him to talk .

"Um Valerie called to ask if you were here . I'm sorry I told them you were with him . They really sounded so worried and you know Val she was not gentle "

I breath out . I have no idea I was holding my breath all this while . I was relieved. " It's okay I'm not angry " A part of me was happy that they cared enough to called in to check on me .

Theo left the room and I finished my breakfast. I lead myself to his bathroom. It is so big and beautiful. I saw different shampoo and hair products what's a guy doing with all this . I chuckled David would never  .

I washed my face , legs and arms since I can't take my bathe here that would be so weird .I came out and approached the bed where the hoodie was placed. I took it and smelled it hmm smells so nice ! . I put it on and it fits perfectly.

He came in just on time . " I'm ready " I smiled
"Okay let's get going " he offered me a way out .

We got into the car and drove off . I removed my phone from flight mode and there were tons of messages .

I skimmed through everything . Most of them were from Valerie and Kaylee. I already planned on ignoring all of them till I saw one notification from Nathan . I opened our chat and it says 'I need to talk to you '. What the fuck does he have to say ?!

He already has two other beautiful ladies to himself why is he fucking disturbing me . What I dearly desire now is peace of mind is that too much to ask?

I looked at Theo and strangely he was looking at me that moment. "Are you okay " he asked .
"Yeah I am "

"Thank you for being a good friend in a time of need" I just don't know If I have thanked him enough for everything he has done . More-so I didn't want our friendship to be lopsided.

"It's fine Kendall and stop thanking me you have done that way too much this past few hours " he snuggled on the car seat.

"Okay thanks " I said sheepishly .

He glared at me and we both laughed.

The drive to my hall was quiet  and fast since we didn't want to be late .

Half of the time my head was at rest on the window as I stared outside the window drowning in my own thoughts.

All my thoughts were clouded with him with only a few that was about me . It's so strange and annoying at the same time that I'm actually thinking about him . What about you Kendall? Your own feelings?.

I was lost in my own thoughts , I was in my own head trying to make sense out of all that had happened.

I was starting to feel my head hurt as each minutes go by . Is this worth all this stress I'm putting myself into ?
I decided to listen to music to clear my thoughts, to free me from my own mystery .

We got there shortly , I got down from the car .
"I will wait for you " Theo offered .
"You know you really don't have to wait you can go I can't make you late after all you have done for me please." I replied.

I ran inside my hall towards my wing . I didn't want to give him the chance to argue with me that he should stay so I left immediately.

I got upstairs and took my own spare key from my purse. Everyone has a spare key incase of necessities like this .

The door opened as I turned the key in and I quickly entered and rushed to where my books were.

On doing that I felt his presence ..