44•The Call.

Countenance: /coun-te-nance/
A person's face or facial expression.

Song : Devil that I know by Jacob Banks

K E N D A L L.

I was starting to get worried about Nathan's whereabouts. I took out my phone and decided to get a little distracted. I took some pictures and checked all my social media apps. Soon after, I heard a knock on the door, I went to get it hoping it would be him.

"Hi," I say nervously. It's him.
"You look so beautiful " he admits after staring at me for was took like forever but was a minute. Okay, not exactly the way Kaylee exaggerated it as she was blabbing about Jaw dropping.
"Thanks. So do you ."

His black tux was perfectly ironed and slim on his body. The gold lapel pin on the side of the tux was just perfect for the event. I must say, he looked astonishing.

"Shall we? " he motioned his hands out and I took it. I quickly closed the door and followed his lead.

"Where is your wristwatch ?" He asks suddenly. I totally forgot about the new wristwatch he gave me.

"It's in my bag " I reply smiling
"Put it on" he commands, the huskiness in his tone was vibrant . Shivers ran through my spine damm okay Daddy!!. I removed my arm from his and searched my bag. I brought it out and wore it.

"To be clear, I don't plan to enjoy myself," I said nervously smiling . With all honesty I don't.

"Oh yeah absolutely, let's just have the worst night ever " he replies with a small smile. Sounds like a plan.

As we were about to enter his car his phone rang out. He brought it out and answered the caller. His countenance changed as he talks to the caller. "okay" he said and cut the call.

I was not expecting any interference or hurdles. I just wanted to go to party, be present and come back home . I didn't know what was wrong or what was about to go wrong so I asked.

"Umm, what's wrong ?" I couldn't help but ask after a few seconds of silence.

"Can you drive ?"

"Hell no " I retort surprised at his question.

"Okay you will stay here and I will come get you in a few minutes. No way I'm letting you board a car this night "

Now I wish I had gone with Val and Kaylee. What's so urgent?

"At least tell me why before you leave, " I said already sad. I didn't want him to leave me.

"Hey, I will be fine. I just need to run an errand for my brother he's with Alex and no way I'm letting you come with me looking this fine "

"Is it so important?"

"Kind of . If you say I should not go I will definitely not go." He replies.

"Why am I having a hard believing that" I state with a nervous smile and a questioning glare shooting at him. Do I really have such power over him? I doubt!

"Believe it " He kissed my forehead and I blushed.

I thought about it for a few seconds and I was going to let him go. "okay don't be long I will wait for you or better still I will call Valerie to come get me"

"Okay that's more better. I will meet you there"

Now the problem is how do I beg Valerie to come and get me . She's literally gonna scream into my ears about how I deserve this.

He hopped into his car and evacuated the premises. I started to walk towards my dorm room. My phone chimed out suddenly. I looked at the callers ID and it didn't look familiar. I picked it not knowing what to expect. I naturally don't like picking unknown numbers or it safe to say I hate calls. Immediately I see a call I'm already tired.

"Hello, Kendall " A female voice answered.
What? That's my name I said to myself.
"Hi, how may I help you ?"

The caller clamor in laughter " Help who? Help me?" she ask cheekily. Who the fuck is this-?
"You are the one that needs help girl. Oh no sorry your sister."

At the mention of my sister, I lost my breath. I couldn't breathe by reflex I just held my breath. I gape in fear of the unknown. Kaylee? How? Why? No, it can't be what I am thinking. She's at the party, yeah that has to be it. Thousands of things went through my mind that minute.

"Where is my sister and what have you done to her ?" I finally got my breath and the strength to utter a word.

"Where is she? What do you mean by she needs help ?" I ask sternly already losing patience.

"Relax baby girl you don't want to waste all your energy now " she replies scoffing.

"If you want to save your sister come alone to an address, I will be sending it to you after this call. If you bring company, you lose her, and trust me you don't want to mess with me " she threatens and cut call.

"Hello Hello?" I holler but got no response. Fuck!!
A sudden headache struck me and I held my head in pain.

What has Kaylee gotten herself into? I paced around not knowing what to do. My phone chimed again and it was the address. This is not good but I can't leave her there. I can't deny my sister now. She needs me. After little to no thought about it, I decided to go. She's my life I can't but help her. I have sworn to always protect her now I failed to. I have to go and find and save her from whoever this fucking psycho is. Yeah only a psycho would kidnap an innocent child!.

I ran to road and board a car straight to the address I was given . What does this person want from me? All these while I was thought I was invisible in this college. Who could have something against me? There are literally a thousand and one thoughts running through my mind and I have no answer for not even one of them.

I couldn't even tell Nathan about this because if I do I would be putting Kaylee in danger. I will jeopardize her safety and I will never be able to forgive myself if I blow this up. She won't forgive me . I won't forgive myself.

Kaylee pov.

We got to the outside where it was parked. It was a nice car.

"Is it inside the trunk or on the seats inside?" I ask already getting impatient. I don't want Valerie to come back and not meet me where it will be easy to find me.

"Yeah at the trunk " she replies from my back.

"Um Hey I'm actually not Kendall, my name is Kaylee. Kendall is my Twin." I turned around to tell her.

"OmG seriously??" She was surprised or rather disappointed. There was just something conflicting about her reaction.

"Wow I really didn't know. I mean how will I know?" She shrugs smiling. "You look so much alike besides it's dark and that reduce my chances of even recognizing you"

"Yeah I know right " I turned to the car and gestured for her to open the car.

She came forward and opened the trunk of the car. She stepped aside for me so we could both carry them out. I looked into the trunk and there was nothing there.

"What the f-" that was the only word I could say as I felt a sharp pain in my neck. This numb feeling suddenly struck me, I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Something definitely hit me but I couldn't make sense of what it was. My body just voluntarily obeyed it. My sight became blurry, I was foggy with sleep.

I faintly heard her mumbles "dammit!". Then my eyes closed to darkness.

***
Haha Please can we all lower the knives and pitchforks?!!!!

Hmm what do you think guys ?
Do you think Kendall should atleast call someone ?

Don't forget to vote guys, please?

Kim🤎.