50•Survivalist.

~Grief is like the the ocean; it comes on wave ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it's overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.~

Psychology:/psy-chol-o-logy/
Scientific study of human mind and its function, especially those affecting behavior in a given context.

Song: Everybody hurts by R.E.M.
Starry Eyes by the weekend

K E N D A L L

It was my second day in the hospital since I have woken up from coma and I still haven't heard from Nathan. Nah you still haven't called him! my inner voice fired back.

I was told I can move around the hospital if I want. I am so glad I will able to see Kaylee, even though she can't see me, I'm sure she can hear me. She needs to fucking get up I cant bare seeing her like that for too long. She's my everything.

I was able to see Lucas today, he came by to say hi to me. He looked tired and overwhelmed. Poor boy. No one deserved anything that happened. I didn't deserve it, Kaylee didn't deserve it, even if people might have a different opinion about this, Riley didn't deserve it. She was used as a bait by her own father, she was humiliated and it only makes sense that it all messed with her psychology. There is always one stupid mistake that changes everything. If only she knew, she wouldn't have done it.

It's difficult not to have regrets no matter how you're told not to. I'm trying to hold on to what David told me or rather make sense out of it. "Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. So don't be too hard on yourself this was not your fault"

I know I love Nathan and that kinda scares me because I'm already in love with him. For someone who has guarded her heart and build up walls to protect it for a very long time, it's just difficult not to have a little doubt. But do you know what my biggest regret will be if I continue like this ? 'That I have said no to so many good things in life because I wasn't sure of them' I never want to look back and feel that way. Never. I will take my chance on this one. Oh Now it makes sense, my heart just needs time to accept what my mind already knows. I just don't know how long it's going to take.

"Hi Princess " My dad came in few minutes later with a smile on his face.

"Hey Dad. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good. I'm happy to see you awake and getting better." he makes contact with me as he replies. He holds my hands and I could see how tired he looked.

"You both are a Bree and the Brees are survivalist, we are strong. We will always survive "

Survivals? I love the sound of that.

"You think so? " I ask with a little shrug. My parents lives are a true story of people who have survived but us?.

"Yeah I know so " he leaned on and pecked my cheeks making me flush. My dad can be a DADDY sometimes ,no wonder he and mum still look so very much in love. Though sometimes I'm like arggh take a break!, I still love to see them that way.

"What a beautiful thing it is, to be able to stand tall and say 'I fell apart and survived' " he says deep in his own thoughts.

"I wonna live, not just survive." I state brusquely , making him to jolt out of his own thoughts.

"Whatever living means to you, live." he responds and I felt that. I didn't know what else to say. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out.

He motioned his eyes towards the door smiling which in return earned him a deadpan expression from me. What is he doing?

I finally paid attention to his body movements and I saw Theo at the door talking to a nurse. I looked back at my dad like dude what-?!!. I sure didn't say that loud. He has his eyebrows raised in question yo man stopp.