40• The invitation.

Intriguing :/in-trigu- ing/
Arousing one's curiosity or interest; fascinating.

Song: The night is still young by Nicki minaj.

K E N D A L L.

Practical classes are always fun and interactive. You get to talk to random people you have never talked to in your class . I have always loved the idea of experiments since I was in middle school. So I have the best time during practical classes.

After class, I decided to go to the library with Kaylee . It's funny how I have always said my college life will be a triangle life; school, church, and library. I can't even remember the last time I went to church now.

We entered the library inhaling the smell of the old books, that smell I love so much . I went to my favorite spot and took out a love novel from the shelf, with Kaylee following me like a chick following mother Hen. Sometimes reading for school can be boring so I always like to read something fun and intriguing first.

"Hmm Swat Secret Admirer by Elizabeth Heither . This sure looks interesting " I mumble to myself as I sat down on my seat. While Kaylee still went on looking for a book to pick .

"And I'm interested in watching you read it " I heard a distinct voice say . The huskiness in his voice making me quake a little. I felt a little embarrassed he caught me talking to myself and I wanted to go on explaining , 'like yo I can explain it's not what it is ' . He can't think I'm a psycho right ?!

"That's creepy Nathan" I smile.

"Why is it creepy?" He asks staring straight into my eyes and making me feel unease. In his presence, I'm like a timid cat but in his absence, I'm a tiger. He makes weak I would say and that's one thing I don't like about this whole love thing.

"Oh I see you don't have an answer, then you're wrong . " he state . I was already miles in mind thinking about how he makes me feel that I forgot to answer him.

"Im still standing by- " I was interrupted by Kaylee." Oops I didn't know you're here . Hi Nathan " she greets and sat down close to me .

Actually I think Kaylee kinda likes Nathan and that makes me happy. Your sibling not liking the person you love might seem like a no big deal , but it is . If Kaylee has a major problem with Nathan, I don't know how that would feel . It will definitely be a bad feeling!.

"Hello Kaylee " he answers.

"OmG I'm sorry I will leave right now" she say after realizing she was suppose to give us space . But on the contrary, that was not Nathan's plan.

"No you can stay , I'm just here to inform her about something that concerns you also . I mean not really, but I feel she will want you to know " his eyes shining at me as he talks to Kaylee making my pulse quicken . What is this about?.

"Oh that sounds nice " she said adjusting herself to a comfortable spot as she leaned on to look at him . I really think she's being over dramatic right now. She could sit relaxed and still hear him properly. But I mean it's Kaylee.

"My Mum wants to meet you " he say bluntly .

Wh-what?! Why?

"What!?....OMG I don't think I am ready to meet any of your family right now. I mean don't I have the right to like determine how my first impression will be don't I ?" I was really scared and it showed in my voice .

"Yeah you do that's why I am letting you know first "

"I really think it's not that serious Kendall " Kaylee tries to make me change my mind . Gosh Kaylee !

"I told her I was going to bring you to the party already. " he was so relaxed and calm as he talked. Why Can't I be like that .While in my mind I was freaking out about meeting his family. I haven't heard so much good things about them .They won't like me I can just sense it from afar . I'm just a poor girl compared to them . My father does not have any Business connection to offer .

"It's even a party??! Damm I'm in " Kaylee says , her eyes widen in excitement.

"Valerie will be meeting with you later today . She will be there also " he stood up and placed a kiss on my forehead and then on my lips "it's okay I'll be there with you . I won't be leaving your side for a second " he said as I was about to protest again.

Was that supposed to make me feel better ? Welp! Yeah it did make me feel better. His lips on my body always have a way of calming me down and relieving me of my anxiety and distress. He completes me . He makes me feel good and great . He seems to be like the missing part of me that I should never let go of ever.

He smiled softly then left . "Really Kaylee?" I scowl at her .

"What did I do wrong ?"

"What you did wrong is not sitting here quietly and allowing me handle my shit myself " I was almost yelling. In a twisted way , I actually wish I wouldn't have talk to her that way . I understand that she just want me to free myself a little and enjoy life but It's not right the way she kept on interrupting.

"I'm sorry I talked to you that way " I apologized immediately.

"I was- " I was going to say but got interrupted by her " No it's fine I was just trying to help but I think I'm a problem "

"No you're not . I said I'm sorry and you know I genuinely love you " I try to make it sound as genuine as possible because it's genuine . "Please forgive your twin sister " I drawl pouting.

What people don't know about Twins is that , as close as they can be, they also have unnecessary fights.

"Urgh stop it doesn't look cute on you " she teased making a distasteful face .

"Okay that was not nice but I will take it "

My phone chime out , on seeing Valerie on the caller iD, I picked immediately.

"Hi where are you ?" She spoke up before I even get to say an 'Hello' . Oh someone is impatient.

"I'm at the school library what's wrong ?"

"Nothing I'm coming to pick you right now and is Kaylee there with you ?"

"Okay, so but for what? and yeah she is here with me" I answered and then she cut the call with answering my own question.

"Was that Valerie?" Kaylee asks

"Yeah she was the one she said she's coming to pick us for God knows why . She literally didn't give me a chance to say much ." I turn to look at her as I answer her question.

"Okay that's odd . Let just wait and see what's so important " she hums as she shove her books into her bag .

Oh I guess ima shove mine too.

******

Hi sorry for the late chapter! Sending y'all virtual flowers to make up for it 💐💐🌚
Please don't forget to vote.
Kim🤎.