chapter twenty-seven

note: *sigh* I will accept any and all death threats after this chapter

May 30th, 1979 - Undisclosed Location 

Voldemort was staring down at the four shackled boys in absolute glee. He had done it, he had finally gotten to the one thing that would absolutely break Nephera Winchester, he had won. 

The marauders weren't having nearly as much fun as Voldemort was. They had never seen the man upfront, only in Nephera's memories through a pevensivie, and he was absolutely terrifying. The lack of nose made him appear snake-like and distorted, less human and more the monster that he actually was. 

They would've contacted Nephera through the bracelets by that point, it would've been their first course of action if they hadn't been wearing the silencing manacles. None of the boys knew how Nephera had done it, faced him so many times and put up with the absolutely suffocating feeling of having their magic dulled down and drawn out of them. 

What the four boys didn't know, was that one of the masked Death Eaters in front of them was none other than Regulus Black, who was looking at his brother and his friends with worry being the Death Eater mask he was forced to wear. He knew that the bracelets wouldn't work due to the silencing manacles, so he sneaked a hand down his own bracelet and tapped the rune thrice, 'Neph, he's got them, he's got the boys,' he thought, 'Winchester manor, your old room, I can't say anything else. I need to take this bracelet off before they realise I have the same one as them,

With that, he slipped the bracelet off his wrist and hid it in his pocket, hoping that no one had seen the action. Right now, he was the only thing standing between the marauders and certain death. 

"Do you know why you're here?" hissed Voldemort 

Sirius, who had never been known for his decision making, spoke up, "Because you're such a big coward you had to send your Boy Scouts to get us instead of you coming yourself?" he snarked 

Peter shoved him, hissing at him so shut his mouth while Voldemort only laughed in response, "I don't concern myself with capturing such low-level targets," he snapped 

"Don't concern yourself, or scared that Neph would've been with us?" added James, trying to appear confident through his fear 

The Dark Wizard clicked his tongue, "Such confidence for someone who is about to meet death," 

Regulus had to do something, there were only thirty minutes left before midnight, before the vow would seize existing, and Riddle would be free to kill them, "My Lord," he said, stepping forward 

James, Sirius, and Remus, had to hold in sighs of relief at the sound of Regulus's voice. He should've been at Hogwarts, NEWTs might've been over but technically, he still had a few days until he was meant to leave. Voldemort must've sent for him early, "Pardon the interruption, but are we sure we should kill them in such a haste?" 

"What do you suggest?" 

"These are the four people Winchester is closest to, perhaps we question them first, if there's anyone that knows about her plans, it'll be them," 

Telling Voldemort to torture his brother for information was the last thing Regulus wanted to do, but it's not as though he could walk up and say, 'Hey, mate, mind letting them go because they're actually my friends because I'm actually a spy?' No, it wasn't ideal but it would keep them alive long enough for Nephera to figure out some sort of plan. 

"Excellent," mused Riddle, beckoning a Death Eater forward, "I believe you, especially, have some quarrels you'd like to revisit," 

The greasy hair that was peaking out of the Death Eater mask was evidence enough to who it was, "Snivvelus," spat James, "Why don't you take these manacles off of me and then come here, huh? Once a coward, always a coward,"