chapter sixty

note: i inteded this chapter to be funny, i feel like it might end up being more cringy than funny, though, and if that's the case, feel free to roast me in the comments 

March 27th, 1960 - Muggle London 

It had not been a good week for Nephera. She was cut off from the wizarding world, Riddle had taken advantage of the general situation to level up on the attacks and there was another Horcrux to get rid of. She had informed James, Sirius, and Remus of the existence of the Horcrux, not that it did them any good other than stress them out, none of them even knew where to begin in locating it. Not to mention that, with each Horcrux they destroyed, Riddle would protect the next even more. 

Seeing as though she couldn't go to work, and the Order was at a standstill, the young brunette had nothing to do other than walk around muggle London, trying to find a gift for James's party that night. Truly, she should be more excited about it, given the current state of their world, it was a miracle any of them made it to twenty years of age. 

She had gotten in contact with the wizarding bank in Switzerland, and thankfully, the Ministry there was following their typical approach of staying neutral, so she still had access to the Winchester vaults there. Bless her family's long history of making money in the black market, and needing to hide it from the British Ministry. 

Shopping in the muggle world was a horror, though, despite not worrying about money. Her grasp of muggle money was shaky at best, despite how much time she used to spend there, not to mention the fact that by that point, she had bought more things for herself than the birthday boy. But then again, those boots were simply calling her name, not to mention that she deserved a wardrobe change after all the stress the last month had brought her. 

She entered yet another clothing store, even though clothing seemed far too impersonal of a gift. She had never been a good gift-giver, never sure with how to translate someone's personality into a material object of some kind. Her first thought would've been something to help with her friend's protection given the war, such as the bracelet's she had gotten all the marauder's back for Christmas of their final year, but with the way the war was looking, anything short of a Horcrux wouldn't be good enough to keep them safe. 

She hadn't voiced it out loud, not even to Sirius, but the thought of creating her own Horcrux had passed her mind too many times to count. No, splitting her or her friend's souls wouldn't be ideal, nor would be killing some innocent, but if it came to a matter of life or death? 

Shaking her head, she stopped that thought before it grew roots. Even if she was up to it, she knew the boys would never use the killing curse on an innocent. 

She browsed through the clothing, nothing quite catching her eye for the better or for the worse. It was all neutral, bland. Her hand paused on top of a sweatshirt with an emroidery of a fallen star. 

Twenty-one falling stars marking the day of your birth. Those same starts now tell the tale of the three true lions and the two true snakes, who would come to play an important role in the war. 

That's what Lady Galadriel had told her when she had visisted, and alongside the fortune teller's predictions from Mystery, she was no closer to figuring out what the Fae meant. 

Loss, heartbreak, betrayal. 

She hated having questions which she couldn't answer, even though lately, those were the only types she seemed to be getting. 

Shaking her head, she continued looking around the store until she found a t-shirt from a Bowie concert from earlier in the year. It was plain, and in her eyes not good enough for James, but she bought it anyways in fears of not finding anyhting better for him.