chapter seventy-six

August 11th, 1980 - Grimmauld Place 

The first thing Sirius and James did after the former arrived to the, by then, empty street, was rush back home. After the relief that Harry and Lily were both there and okay, as well as answering the multitude of questions coming out of Lily's mouth at seeing her husband so terrified, the three of them packed everything up, including their clothes, Harry's things, and Lily's potions, and hauled it back to Grimmauld Place. 

Nephera did not know why Sirius had left as fast as he did a few minutes ago. She did not have time to ask before the man pulled his wand out and apparated away to Merlin knows where. The only thing she did know was that one of the other boys must've contacted him through the bracelet, which meant something happened to them. And if they didn't contact her, it meant that her father was involved. 

She had all the ingredients out, ready to perform a locator spell on Sirius and figure out where the hell he went, before the fire in the fireplace roared green, and out stepped her wizard, "What the hell, Sirius?" she asked, "Where do you get off leaving like that- James? Lily?" 

Her eyes fell on Harry, who was whining in Lily's arms, and then on the suitcases in Sirius and James's arms, "What the hell happened?" she asked again, "What did my father do?" 

James said nothing, instead waving his wand and calling for three glasses and a bottle of firewhiskey after ensuring that his wife and their son were all settled into the couch. The curly-haired wizard seemed to want to ask how she knew her father was involved, before he decided against it. They had all long-since grown familiar with the way Nephera's mind worked, "Get Remus and Pete here too," croaked out James 

Nephera nodded, sending out a quick patronus. Despite the multitide of questions swarming around her head, she refrained from asking them for the moment. Something about the way James was clutching the glass in his hand, and Lily seemed to be holding Harry extra tightly, her eyes glazed over and unfocused, told her that they maybe needed a few minutes to recover. 

Which only begged the question, what the hell happened? 

"James, Lily, and Harry are moving in love," said Sirius, breaking the silence, "I'll get Kreacher to prepare one of the guest rooms, there's bound to be an old cot of mine or Reggie's for Harry somewhere," 

Nephera nodded, barely having time to register what having a baby in the house meant before the fireplace turned green once more, and Remus and Peter practically fell out of it, "What happened?" asked both of them at the same time, seemingly shaken by Nephera's patronus and the urgent message it carried 

James swallowed the firewhiskey in one go, "Riddle- He hasn't given up on the spy thing," he explained, "He sent your father, cornered me not far away from the house. I just- I don't feel safe-" 

Nephera interrupted him, "Hey, no, it's cool. This place is too big for just Snuffles and I anyways," she explained, "Did he do anything? Did he- did he hurt you?" 

Nephera genuinely did not think she would be able to deal with her father actually hurting one of her friends. The guilt of that alone- "No, he didn't. He said something about- When I declined, he said he'd have to kill me, but even then he seemed quite hesitant. And when I mentioned Sirius coming, he just left," 

They all frowned at that, for it truly did not sound like something neither Castiel Winchester nor Riddle would do. No, both of them were more the 'either you do as I say or you're dead' type of people. So that begged the question, what the hell were they playing at? 

Lily, who was still rocking Harry in her lap, looking as disheveled as one would expect considering the fact that she had just been forced out of her home with a baby on one hand and a suitcase on the other, "I don't understand," she said, "I mean, why would he just let you go- How did they even find where we live?"