~ Chapter Twenty-Seven ~

Naomi

"Girl yeah, he took me out to dinner and he brought me a new car." One of my loyal clients Liz said.

She was telling us a story about what her man did for her on her birthday. Everyone was talking about they boyfriends, husbands, and baby daddies.

I guess everybody is so in love nowadays.

I've been heartbroken since the day after me and Chris's argument. He came over to grab his game and few clothes that he has left over there. It went in a way that I didn't expect it.

~ Flashback ~

"Look Naomi, you know I love you, right?"

I just nodded because I knew where this was going.

He sighed "I love you so much, and I want us to work. I want us to be a power couple, but not like this."

"We been arguing like crazy or the littlest shit. Now, I don't want to be like that couple. All the arguing, fighting, and all that other shit I'm not with. I understand if you want things to be perfect but it's not going to be. I just don't want us to be how we are currently." He said

"So what are you saying?" I asked in such a low voice.

"I just think we should take a break and work on us as individuals before we try to get together again. I want us to work out" he paused "so if taking a break from our relationship and stepping back into a friendship is what we need, I'm all for it." He said

I just nodded my head because I can feel my emotions getting the best of me.

He is breaking up with me and I'll be damn if I let him see me cry.

I couldn't believe him. I literally gave up a boyfriend of two years because I loved his ass and he come to me about breaking up, or in his words taking a break over what....some arguments? I can't believe this shit.

My emotions started changing from sad to very much angry.

"Naomi? Did you hear me?" He waved his hand in my face to get my attention.

I looked at him with an emotionless face.

"I heard you." I cleared my throat.

"I guess I agree with you. We should break up, work on us, focus on work." I nodded my head.

He sucked his teeth "Well you don't have a problem with that so you should be fine."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms and raised my right eyebrow.

"It means exactly what I said. That where most of our arguments come from because you put majority of your focus on work, which is understandable but at the same time where does that leave me, huh?" He held his arms out.

"You do the same fucking thing when you go to different states to record and all that other bullshit!" I yelled

"Yeah, but what the fuck do I do when I have free time? I'll answer that for you, I bring my ass right down here to see you, my momma, and anybody else I need to see. I make time for you so I know damn well you can make time for me!" He shouted