~ Chapter Thirteen ~

December 22, 2002

Mayah

"How is your baby so calm?" I asked CeCe as we walked through the mall.

I haven't heard her baby cry yet and we been here for and hour or so now.

She smiled at the baby "because you are so impatient with him. He's not used to all this so you have to introduce him to the world and the world to him. Just relax, you're so uptight" she told me like she some damn baby expert.

"Well excuse me, he just likes his daddy more" I told her as we walked in the Rocawear.

"I mean his dad does spend more time with him" she said looking through the clothes.

I looked at her with my mouth wide open.

"Pick your mouth up boo, you look crazy in front these people" she said pushing my chin up.

"Listen, he's with his dad all the time because he cries whenever he's with me." I told her picking up a shirt.

"Um no, he is not going to where that." She said looking at my choice.

We was here looking for a last minute gift for trey and a few others.

"Excuse the hell out of me" I really wish I didn't say that because as soon as I did Kaine started crying.

"See you and your language...wait mayah when is the last time you changed him?" She asked me and I couldn't do nothing but look away.

"Mayahhhh, the baby needs changing lets go to the bathroom." She said leaving me behind.

I caught up with her once we entered the bathroom and we went over to the changing station.

I put him on the thing and took off his clothes and when I pulled that diaper off I couldn't take it.

"I can't" I back away

"No, mayah come on you are going to learn how to connect with your baby." She started cleaning up Kaine and just talking to him and he stopped crying.

"Again, how the hell do you do that?" I can't stress this enough.

I guess everybody knows how to handle a baby except me.

"Grab him Mayah" she said and I did just that.

"Okay, now take one hand and place it on his bottom and the other on his back and just rub in a circular motion. It gives the baby a sense that his mother is there and they are safe and loved. Babies only cry if they feel uncomfortable or worried, but if you make sure they are comfortable and feeling loved then they won't have a reason to cry." She said and for the first time I've had him he is quiet.

"Oh my gosh I did it!" I said excitedly

"Congratulations, now let's go find my man another gift" she said walking out the bathroom after washing her hands.