t w o

January 21st 2017
Avengers Compound

They didn't keep... Villains... Locked up in the compound much. But when they had no other choice, the highest tech would keep safely contained.

Villain. They didn't know what else to call her — She wasn't a murderer, in all of the evidence that Tony found that they were 99% sure was her, she had never killed anyone. So they couldn't call her a terrorist, or a murderer. But if she was blowing up people's homes then she wasn't on the laws side — Villain was a fitting term to call her.

"She's still not talking?" Tony asked as Steve walked into the common area.

"She told me to shut up and leave her alone so she could nap."

Tony groaned and threw the pen he was holding aggressively onto his desk.

"We need to get something out of her, it's been nearly a week since we brought her in."

"I'll try again later, but she either talks non stop about random things that are completely irrelevant, or she doesn't say anything at all and just stares at the wall the entire time."

"Her flirting with you is hilarious." Tony said, annoyance on Steve's face making Tony laugh at his on comment just because of the reaction he got from the blonde.

"How do you know about that?"

"I watched your face turn as red as a tomato while I watched your pathetic excuse for an interrogation through the security camera footage." Tony snickered. "It was more her interrogating you rather you interrogating her."

Steve frowned, "But she's so difficult."

"Just go take a breather, Cap. You've been trying to get information out of her for hours today. We'll get through it."

"Yeah, yeah okay." He agreed, before giving Tony a curt nod and leaving the room.

January 21st 2017
Avengers Compound - Common Area

Steve sat alone at the breakfast bar of the kitchen, despite it being 3 in the afternoon. The untouched black coffee he had made himself sat in front of him as he stared into it, as if the bottom of the mug held all the answers.

But he knew they didn't. It felt like an empty pool of nothingness, he had tried everything.

He wasn't one failing.

Any threats he had before normally gave in as soon as they found out they'd be locked up on their own in complete isolation.

But this didn't phase this girl. This complete mystery girl. A total ghost story.

"You good?"

The voice of Steve's best friend snapped him out of his trance like state. His head snapped to the direction of the voice, but went back to staring at the coffee as soon as Bucky sat down next to him.

"Yeah." He replied plainly, his lips in a straight line.

Bucky knew his best friend well enough to know how to handle a situation that Steve himself may not even know how to handle. He may not have been here for the first few years he had been out of the ice, but the skinny kid from Brooklyn, and Captain America were still the same person inside. Bucky probably knew Steve better than Steve knew himself.

Bucky stood up out of his stool and walked around the kitchen island, taking Steve's cup and tossing the now-cold coffee down the sink, and replacing it with a bottle of cola.