t w e n t y o n e

April 9th 2017
Avengers Compound

4 days.

Steve had been told that being unconscious for that amount of time was normal for people in her condition.

They let Steve visit her after 6 years of him total panicking, and Bucky trying his absolute hardest to calm him down.

It was day four and only now had Bucky finally managed to convince Steve to leave the side of Embers hospital bed and get something real to eat back at the compound.

"Don't be ridiculous, Steve. Have you met the woman? She's not going to die."

"Well she goddamn jokes about it enough."

"She's not going to die, Steve." A softer voice told him, "Not when she's not given you the chance to introduce me to her yet."

Not only was Bucky trying to keep Steve from completely shitting his pants, but Buckys girlfriend, Addy, was there too for support.

Addy had started as Buckys therapist, but their relationship very quickly escalated from client-patient to well... A bit more than that.

"She's gonna love you." Steve told Addy with a smile, "And you're gonna love her too— Even though she's a lot to handle."

"I don't think anyone is worse to handle than you and Bucky, I don't have any worries." Ads joked.

Steve laughed, but the smile quickly faded when he remembered the situation, and why he was so upset in the first place— The expression change didn't go unnoticed by Addy.

"You really like her, huh?" She asked.

Steve let out a low chuckle, but without a hint of a smile, "God, yeah."

"Does she know?"

"I don't think she knows to the extent that I care about her. And if she does I think she's chosen to block it out from her mind to give her less of a reason to stay here— She feels like she doesn't belong."

"Well maybe you gotta give her a reason to belong."

Steve felt a lump form in his throat, and stood up from the table they were sat eating at.

"Sorry, if you don't mind I think I'm going to just head back to the uhm, to see her."

Addy smiled sadly, feeling sorry for Steve because after so long of putting everyone else before himself, he finally found someone perfect for him, and he could loose her.

"Tell her to wake up soon, I wanna meet her."

"She's asked 'bout you a few times." Steve smiled at a memory of Ember asking about 'Buckys secret girlfriend.'

"You two are gonna be such a chaotic duo." Bucky told his girlfriend, shaking his head.

"Right, I'll see you later, Buck. Nice to see you again, Addy."

April 9th 2017
Avengers Medical Centre

Embers hospital room was very plain. Somewhere Steve knew she would say looked worse than the prison cell she was held in when she first got there.

There was a couple get well soon cards scattered along the shelves, one from Steve, one from Bucky and one from Tony and Pepper.

Tony had visited a few times too, one of his visits he brought a large bouquet of flowers with him, brightening up the boring, plain room at least a little.