t w e l v e

February 26th 2017
Avengers Compound

"You're a hard man to get a hold of, Coulson." Tony said, walking towards who just entered his office, and firmly shaking his hand. "I've been trying to her a hold of you all week."

"Well when I heard that the Avengers come calling we all know I'd step in to help when needed."

"We really appreciate you coming on such short notice."

"What have you got for my team today, Stark?" Coulson asked, scanning the room.

"She's not in here, but we gathered that your team would have the most experience."

"Is she inhuman?" A girl standing beside Coulson asked.

"I don't think we've met." Tony redirected his gaze to the girl next to Coulson and introduced himself. "Tony Stark."

"Daisy Johnson." She greeted, shaking his hand, "Pleasure to meet you."

"And no," Tony went back to the conversation, "We are pretty sure she is not inhuman. With what I've researched about in humans, they have to go through some sort of change, right? Something happens to them that triggers their body to change. But nothing like that has happened to Ember, she says she woke up like that one morning and had new abilities."

"And you believe her?" Daisy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I do." Tony replied, unimpressed with her lack of trust.

"Sorry- Uh- Mr Stark- Hello. I'm a big fan of your work uh- I'm Fitz- Uh- Leo, Leo Fitz." Another man standing behind Coulson stepped forward to shake Tonys hand.

"Nice to meet you. I actually read about the work you've done on inhuman research with J-"

"-Simmons, Jemma Simmons—" Fitz finished for him, "Shes outside the room actually, stopped to admire your coffee machines."

"The coffee machine is crap, the lattes taste like shit." Ember strolled into the room.

"There's a starbucks across the street if you're really that desperate." Tony rolled his eyes, "Oh wait, you decided blowing up houses was a smart career choice so you can't go to Starbucks — Ha."

"Tony you literally own Starbucks why don't you just get a Starbucks coffee machine?" Ember asked, completely ignoring the other people in the room — She didn't really care.

"I'll look into that — You know after I bought the Starbucks company one night when I was really quite drunk, I wanted to rename it Starkbucks, but Pepper said that was a bad idea. I still think I should do it though," He turned to Coulson, "What do you think, Phil? Should I rebrand it Starkbucks?"

"Did he just call him Phil?" Daisy whispered to Fitz.

"He's Tony Stark, he can call anyone anything." Fitz whispered back.

"If you rebrand it Starkbucks, I'll be right there first in the queue for a latte." Coulson replied, with a polite, tight smile.

"I know you're dying to ask where Rogers is, and since he's technically in charge and I need him to sign the files and shit, we should really go find him."

Coulson nodded along as Tony spoke.

"FRIDAY, can you give me information on the whereabouts of Captain Rogers?" Tony asked, leading everyone through the doors of his office and back into the Compound, where they seen Simmons — Admiring the coffee machine.

"Captain Rogers is on the first floor living quarters." The AI replied, as Fitz looked up at the roof, mesmerised by the AI.

"Thanks FRIDAY — Can you let him know we're in the conference room? And his best friend Phil Coulson is here, thank you."