t h i r t y

April 21st 2017
Avengers Compound - Training Room 

"You're not supposed to hit your girlfriend."

"We're sparring, Ember." Steve sighed, lowering his arms, "You're just pissed off because you're losing."

He took her complaining as a sign to stop the training session. He knew she was joking, but he could still tell that she was done for the day.

"You're a fucking supersoldier, that's not fair."

"Well if you want someone else to train you, that's fine."

"I don't want someone else." She pouted, crossing her arms across her chest, "Everyone else is boring."

"Yeah," Steve chuckled, retieing his hand wraps, "No one else to make out with instead of actually training, right?" He teased, bending town to kiss her on the cheek, before tidying up the rest of the training equipment they had been using.

"I'm sure Thor would be up for it, or Natasha."

"Sometimes I think you like both of them more than you like me." He teased.

"Maybe I do."

"You're so annoying sometimes." He chuckled.

"Shut up, you love me."

Yeah. He thinks he does.

"Well, we're done training for the day." Steve walked closer to her to take off her hand wraps for her, her bright eyes looking up to meet his as he done so. "Same time again tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah, although there is other ways to work out, y'know." She smirked.

Steve shook his head and chuckled.

"Not now, Em. Soon though, I promise."

Ember stood uncomfortably, it just hitting her that she was scared she may have crossed a line, so she "You know... If you're not actually ready to— We don't have to do it at all— You know I'm just teasing you... I can stop joking about it if you want me to... I mean I do want it, but if you don't right now... Or ever... I'm okay with that."

Steve smiled softly, but couldn't help but let out a small laugh over her rambling.

"I do want to, believe me, I do." His eyes flickered between her eyes and his lips, he really did want to, he just wanted to do it right. "I just don't wanna mess it up, y'know. I want it to be special."

He noticed her confused expression, and he ran his hands down the smooth skin of her arms. He had found this comforted her a little and made her feel more comfortable in her surroundings. Steve had fucked up enough when it came to his relationship with Ember, romantic or not, and he was willing to do anything to make it right, so everything about her he tried to memorise, the things she liked, her favourite drink, (fresh orange juice was her favourite non alcoholic drink) what time she naturally woke up in the morning if Steve wasn't there to wake her, (she'd sleep all day if he'd let her) and what comforted her, Steve had found she liked soft physical touch, so whenever he could, Steve would try and stay close to her, holding her hand, his hand on the small of his back, all of the little things that added up.

"You're so cute it's annoying."

"You love me." He smirked, kissing her on the cheek once again, but noticed her face screw up.

"I smell, don't I?" He asked, chuckling.

"You're all sweaty. Can't relate, I don't sweat because I have fire in my fucking hands, HA, looser."