t w e n t y

April 5th 2017
Avengers Compound Conference Room

The sun had barley risen by the time Tony had called everyone for the debriefing of the HYDRA takedown mission a few weeks previous.

"We gotta get through this quickly. Places to be, people to see." Tony announced as he strolled into the room and took a seat at the head of the table.

Technically Steve should be the one holding these types of meetings, since on paper he was the lead of the Avengers— But honestly, he had bigger things to worry about right now.

"What's more important?" Bruce asks politely from his spot in the corner.

"Coulson gets here in an hour with one of his agents who specialises in superpowers and all that jazz."

Steve hadn't exactly been listening to the conversation so far, his mind was elsewhere, bus as soon as Coulson was mentioned, his mind entered the conversation, as he knew what Coulson being here entailed.

"For Ember?" He asked.

"Yeah," Tony brushed the conversation off, eager to get the debriefing over with, "Anyways, time to get this shit over with."

The team went over the usual stuff, and cleared the warehouse as a threat— No activity had been seen there since the Avengers ambushed, so their next steps forward would have to be finding their new base.

"I think that's all." Tony closed the computer and projector screen which the team had been using, and got ready to leave.

"Wait actually," Steve interrupted. "There's one more thing."

Tony sat back down in his chair, resting one of his legs on the table— Proving the fact Tony Stark is too full of himself to even have simple manners.

"There was this guy— The guy that shot me."

"Yeah, you said he was a pretty skilled fighter?" Natasha questioned.

"No, he was more than just a skilled fighter. He was enhanced."

"Wait— Tony bring back up the pictures of the inside." Bruce said suddenly— He wasn't on the actual mission, but he tagged along this debriefing to see if he could bring any extra information to the table, which apparently he could.

Tony done as Bruce asked, and brought back up the pictures of the inside.

"Right, zoom in on the left hand side."

No one really understood what Bruce was doing, but, besides from Tony, he was much more smart than the rest of them, so no one questioned it.

"That room is carnage. Did you guys do all the damage?" Bruce asked again.

"No— It was like that when we arrived."

"Tony, it looks like a lab, I think they've destroyed it when they knew you were coming, I think that's why the warehouse is now abandoned—"

"Jesus Christ." Steve ran his hand through his hair. "If there's a lab for the development of enhanced persons, and I literally shot one on sight, God knows how many more there are."

"Well we literally know one." Natasha interfered, "How do we know she's not a lab rat."

"Excuse me?" Steve looked at her, shocked.

"You heard me, Rogers. We know nothing about her, I think we eliminated the thought of Rose being a threat too quickly."

"She told us she worked alone, Romanoff. What more do you want?"