t e n

February 15th 2017
Avengers Compound

Ember kicked her way through the piles of rose petals lying on the floor of the shared living area of the compound. Valentine's day sucked. She hid in her bedroom the entire day and refused to come out. Why Tony couldn't just do this in his and Peppers own area of the compound, she would never understand.

"FRIDAY Is someone gonna get this fucking cleaned up?" Ember heard Natasha ask.

"Yes, Agent Romanoff — Mr Stark is preparing a cleaning committee to have it gone by evening." The AI replied.

"Thanks FRIDAY."

Ember continued to kick her way through the petals until she reached the sofa, she brushed the petals off of the couch and sat on it with her feet up. She couldn't be bothered searching through the Valentine's day shit to look for the TV remote, so just lay facing the roof with her eyes shut.

This time last year she was hiding in a homeless shelter while hacking multi million business organisations data through crappy 10 year old computers she managed to use while breaking into reception while everyone was asleep.

And now she was complaining about the aftermath of Valentine's day while trapped in the Avengers Compound.

Cool.

"Is Tony going to clean this up?"

Ember recognised the voice — She hadn't heard it in a few days, but she knew who it was.

"Yeah, FRIDAY says he's got a team on it."

Steve made his way through the ocean of rose petals to the couch, where he would have expected to sit down if Ember wasn't taking up the entire space.

Steve's eyes drifted to her face, her eyes gently shut together and her mouth pressed together in almost a smirk, as if she was about to make fun of him for sharing.

Her shirt wasn't as tight as the ones she wore for training, but it didn't phase Steve, he was still captivated by her regardless. But his mind couldn't help but wander to what may have been under her hoodie.

Even though it was February, she was wearing shorts, as if she was reading his mind and knowing exactly how insane she was driving him and doing it on purpose.

But he knew it wasn't because of him, he wasn't that perverted.

If Ember didn't annoy him so much, he would've considered filing far enough back in his brain to remember how to ask a girl out on a date. But 1- He didn't want to spent anymore time with her than he absolutely had to because she spoke too much, and 2- If he asked her on a date she would laugh in his face.

"Take a picture, it will last longer."

He hasn't even realised he was still looking at her, taking in her perfectly tanned — But slightly scarred — legs, her hair flawlessly draping over the end of the couch, and the way her stomach slowly moved up and down as she breathed.

Thank god Natasha had left the room or he would never hear the end of this.

"Sorry, sorry." Steve said awkwardly.

He didn't understand how he could be so attracted to her, yet somehow not know how to talk to a woman at all.

Girls fell at his feet, he was Captain America, after all.

He should've picked up a few lines over the years, but his good-boy attitude had blocked it out.

Ember moved her legs so Steve could sit down next to her, but then surprised him when she moved her legs over his lap, resting them on top of him.