t h r e e

January 25th 2017
Avengers Compound

4 days ago the Avengers had learned the truth behind Ember Rose and her actions — And Tony and Steve had no idea what to do. As leaders of the Avengers they should have had made a decision by now about how to handle the situation, but they had no damn clue — So they done the only other responsible thing and called a team meeting.

"Family meeting guys." Tony said sarcastically through the communication system of the Avengers Compound.

The team, or at least the team who were there that day, grudgingly made their way to the main common area where Steve and Tony were already waiting on their arrival.

"Romanoff," Tony greeted as Natasha walked into the room, "Any word on Wandas return?"

Natasha shrugged, "She said she's staying in Scotland for a few more months, and even though Scotland is a freezing as fuck place to go on vacation, she deserves this. She hasn't had a break since Pietro died."

Tony nodded, "Yeah, yeah totally I understand that."

Steve and Tony shared a worried glance, knowing that if there was a chance of Wanda not returning for a big amount of time, then there was a bigger chance of Ember joining the team.

"So, what are we here for?" Bruce asked, "is this about Rose?"

Tony nodded.

The team had accustomed to using Embers actual name over the past few days, meaning it was easier to understand who they were talking about, and not just calling her 'that girl that flirts with Steve.'

"Her story checks out."

Everything Ember said, Tony had ran through FRIDAY. He hacked into all of the millionaires emails, messages, and past phone calls — And Ember was right, they were all crooks and criminals.

"So, what? We can't just let her out of her cell and run free." Bruce spoke up.

"No, we can't... But..." Tony began.

"But we thought about a temporary situation here for her. She gets her own bedroom, she trains with the team. But she doesn't do missions, and she doesn't leave the building." Steve continued.

"So like a probation type thing?" Nat asked.

"Well, yeah I guess so. We know her motives now, we don't have to trust her, but we shouldn't be locking her up like this." Steve replied.

"I think her flirting is messing with your head." Bucky muttered from the corner.

"I want her on the team. I've made that no secret from the beginning. But Stevie boy over here," Tony nudges Steve's arm, "Is still sceptical. So if you guys agree and are okay with this idea, we'd like it if we could try it out."

Luckily everyone agreed with their idea. Which was great, because if they didn't, Steve and Tony had no idea what else they could do.

January 25th 2017
Avengers Compound - Confinement

Ember was sick of it.

Playing the evil guy for a few days had been fun. Sitting in her shitty cell bed arguing with Steve Rogers had been entertaining for a limited amount of time, it felt like she was in a movie.

But now it was boring.

She had snapped and now he knew everything, so there was nothing to play with anymore. She had analysed every single aspect of the cell room, paced the room thousands of times, and tried sitting on the bed at a million different angles — none of which were actually comfortable.