f i v e

January 28th 2017
Avengers Compound

Ember woke up that morning to a holographic projection of Tony Stark in her bedroom.

"Nothing surprises me anymore about this place." She told Steve the day before.

"That's what I said and I lost 20 bucks." Steve replied, and told her about the bet he has lost with Fury in 2011.

She rubbed her eyes and tried to adjust to the light of both the sun streaming through her window, and the light coming from the Tony Stark hologram.

"Stark, what the fuck?"

"Good morning, Rose." He said in his holographic form. "Took you long enough to wake up, I've been waiting here for ages."

"You where watching me sleep? Dude, that's so creepy." She said with a yawn, sliding out of bed.

"Yeah well I wanted to talk to you about something, catch up."

"Tony you've been away for the entirety of a day." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but-"

"Dude can you see me right now? Cause I'm about to get dressed. Turn around or something."

Hologram Tony awkwardly turned around, so his back was facing Ember while she got dressed.

"Why are you getting dressed? You normally sleep all day."

In the very few days Ember had been allowed to do nothing, she had slept all day, but now with Steve's stupid training schedule, she didn't have that privilege anymore.

"You're the one making me punch random shit, Stark." She rolled her eyes.

"I can't see it but I know you're making a face at me."

"Don't say that it makes you sound pervy."

"Honey I literally avoided throwing you in jail you're supposed to be nicer to me than this."

"Dude Steve made me train for so long yesterday that I thought my lungs were bleeding. I bet he only took me bowling because he felt bad."

"Steve took you bowling? Wow he must have felt really bad."

"Why?"

"Rogers doesn't do fun stuff. Every non mission day is the same. He gets up, he trains, he eats lunch, he goes for a run, he comes back and does to sleep and wakes up again in the morning to do it all again. It's his distraction from reality — If he's having fun you must be a really bad influence., kid"

"Well at least he's loosening up a bit." She shrugged.

"It'll be good for him. Maybe I'll postpone returning from this mission for another week." He teased.

"Dear god, don't you dare. I can't take this any longer."

"Training won't stop when I get back, kid. You're in this for the long run."

"I meant I can't take the only person I have for company being Rogers, for much longer." Ember joked,  "Oh, you can turn back around now."

"You decent?" He checked.

"No, I'm fully naked, that's why I'm asking you to turn around." She said with sarcasm dripping off her voice.

"Ha ha, very funny, Rose."

Hologram Tony spun around again, before the hologram glitched for a second, before he returned sitting on a chair, his legs crossed.

"So what did you need to talk about?" She asked, lounging back on the bed.