t w e n t y t h r e e

April 11th 2017
Avengers Compound

"I see the mortals are still trapping you here?"

Ember signed, and spun around on her heel, "Loki, hi."

"I expected to hear from you by now." He stated, disappointment lacing his voice.

"I thought about it a lot." Ember shrugged.

"You're different, Ember. I sense your power, and not just the power the humans gave you. Think of how powerful you could be- Think how powerful we could be together if you let me teach you."

"I'm not really into the whole partner thing, y'know?"

"Yes." Loki monotonously spoke, "I think you're making a mistake by rejecting my offer."

"I'm not rejecting your offer..." Ember could sense the atmosphere changing, and began to attempt to salvage whatever was left, "I just need some more time to think over it, and if I need you then... Then I'll contact you."

Loki nodded, and walked slightly over dramatically, to the other side of the room, staring out at the window, over the horizon where the sun was setting.

"I see they torture you here now, too?" Loki asked, nodding towards the sling her broken arm was held in.

"No, of course not." She shook her head, chuckling, "Just a training accident, that's all."

"Training? Why are they training you?"

"They're not anymore."

"Why were they training you?"

"I have no idea. Originally it was for me to become an Avenger, but now they chickened out of it, I guess."

"You're not becoming an Avenger?"

"I didn't want to originally, when they did want me to become one. But now that I do want to become one, they don't want me to. I can't get it right with these people."

"But you still care about them?"

"They're all annoying dorks, but yeah they're alright i guess."

Loki paused for a second, "So it's definitely a no?"

"... For now..." Ember replied, "But do you mind if I uh, keep the pendant... Just incase I change my mind?"

"I'll be on the other end waiting on your signal." Loki replied, "You're power deserves to be shown."

"Sorry..."

"It's alright, I hope to see you around sometime, Ember."

Loki gave a curt nod before walking towards the door.

"BROTHER." He called, "WE'RE LEAVING."

April 11th 2017
Avengers Compound

The day was coming to an end, and Ember was feeling rather sorry for herself, sat up on the couch, a low budget romance movie she had never heard of (Tony and Pepper had written her a list of pop culture she had to catch up on, since she had giant gaps in her knowledge of the world) and a tub of chocolate brownie ice cream in her hand, which had a post it note on it which clearly said Bucky, but she ignored that part.

"Whenever we talk. You're always eating Barnes' food."

"Anything he guys tastes better. Because he payed for it, and I didn't."