Camp Cretaceous Part 1:The Dock

A.N: Hey readers, this is my first of any fiction that I will be writing. I love the Camp Cretaceous series. This is my attempt to introduce a seventh camper (OC) a teenager with a military background and an inspiring ACU member. I wanted to see if such a character with this background would develop in a survival but also coming of age story. This story will go into all 5 seasons of the show. Hope you enjoy. Thank you. All works and characters besides my OC belong to their respective owners.

"Why am I here again? I could be with  Hamada in the Pachi enclosure right now instead of here. At least there, it wouldn't be as boring as this." I deadpanned to my uncle, Owen Grady. My uncle is an animal behaviorist that specializes in the intelligence and social dynamics of Velociraptors. Though I haven't seen them, Owen thinks that I'm too young, but he just says that cause he thinks that they'll like me better than he but I digress. Barry, Owens friend and partner, has told me that while graceful and beautiful, they are the deadliest and meanest dinosaurs that won't hesitate to rip you apart...which does break my wish to see the raptors....but if things go alright with my training with Hamada...I might just get to see them anyway.....sigh.....yay, lucky me.

"I already told you buddy, your mother has told you to go. And if I know my sister, which of course I do, Kate would have my balls if you didn't go." Owen replied happily. I could see out of the corner of my eye to see him shiver slightly. I chuckle. "You are former Navy man and you raised four raptors to full grown and yet my mother scares you shitless?" I questioned, knowing that only an idiot would not be scared of Kate Johnson." I just have common sense, nephew." He laughed. I smiled at his antics. We pulled up to the northwest dock, this is where I'll be meeting the other campers and the counselors. Oh great. They're already here.

The Jeep stops and I hope out towards the boot and gather my stuff,(more than just clothes and a toothbrush). I close the boot and walk over to the group with my bags and case. I see the counselors first, they were chatting with my uncle. I could see that the lady, Roxie I think her name was, was looking at me with wary glances, it doesn't bother me, I know that my reasoning for being on this island had gotten me pity looks but come on this is ridiculous.

The other guy, forgot his name, had simply waved and smiled wide like he was seeing an old friend. "Sup". I greeted in my monotone. "Hey Ryan, nice to meet you bro, I'm Dave, head counse-uh mm-sorry, co-head counselor of Camp Cretaceous." He held his hand to shake mine. I looked down and up again to glare into his eyes, I was never a real people person.

He cracked, looking away. Clearing his throat. "Well, nice to have you with us." I gave him a nod, while an introvert, I'm not completely without my manners, I couldn't count the amount of times my mum would beat my ass if I showed disrespect. Lucky she's not here right now. "Hello Ryan, I'm Roxie, head counselor of Camp Cretaceous, I just want to say thank for coming, I know that this really isn't your thing and I really appreciate you coming." Roxie remained me of commander Hamada, stern and decisive but good and leading when needed, I could appreciate that. "Nice to meet you, Roxie, I hope something good might come out of this experience." She seemed nice and respectful, she gave me space and acknowledged that I'm not the most social person in the world.

After meeting with the counselors, and my uncle explaining why I had so much gear with me, can never be unprepared especially on this island. Dave and Roxie led me to the other campers. There were seven of us total. The first one I noticed was the short kid at the front and centre, dark skin, dino tooth necklace, he looked very excited to be here. The boy to his left looked very skittish and wimpy to be honest, not someone that looked willing to be here. The short girl with......only someone with great confidence or little brain cells could wear that much pink and have that colour pink for hair. The big girl in the back had the presence of someone whose outgoing and friendly, very bubbly, might steer clear of that, might not be possible all the time but not going to go out of my way to interact with her, extraverts and introverts don't mix. The other girl had the look of an athlete like a runner, she stood quiet but confident like she could take on the world....might get along with this one. The last boy....I just groaned seeing, why out of everyone did HE have to be here. Great just when everything gets bad, God sees fit to make it worse. Thank you Lord, I thought sarcastically.

"Well, well, well. Just when I thought this day couldn't get only worse, someone had to slip through the cracks to get here. Who died and allowed you to come here Kenji." I asked with a little bit of disdain in my voice. Kenji looked at me with anger and slap his forehead in frustration. "Why do I have to deal with you while I'm here, I had a whole plan of what to do with my time, now I won't be able because of your ass being here." This is going to be fun. "Well maybe, since I'm here, I just might keep you from making the same mistake that you did last time I saw you and....'CLICK'.... And if you don't get that phone out of my face, I'm going to throw it into the ocean."

I glared at 'Pinkie' who had taken a photo of me and Kenji arguing, she gulped and backed away. I look around at the others who are watching with interest, the boys 'Shortie' and 'Skits' looking at me a little bit scared (more so for Skits) while 'Bubbles' had a worried expression on and 'Runner' had a very amused one on hers. Roxie and Dave shook their heads at the scene and pulled myself and Kenji away from each other....less I lose my temper and deck him one. "Alright, that's enough guys, you two are going to be living together for a while, so while you might not like each other you are going to have to tolerate each other, can you do that?" Roxie declared while looking at me and Kenji. I shrug nonchalantly while Kenji looks away, though he nods begrudgingly. "Fine, but I'm not bunking with him." Of course he has to get the last word. "Sweet, ok everyone, let's get loaded up in the truck and to Camp we go." Dave shouted happily. I shake my head with some small amount of amusement, Dave so far can be annoying but looks like he can have his moments.

I pack my gear into the back seat with everyone else's stuff, it barely even fits. I walk towards Owen just as he is about to leave. "You never told me Kenji was going to be here." I say with a slight growl in my voice. Owen looks at me and sighs. "Look Ryan, I know you and him don't get along and I know about the 'incident' and you had done good that day." I scoff at him, always the optimist. "Incident", uncle, I had to pull his ass into a tiny cave just to get away from Allison, and even that didn't stop her. The burns I left, she won't forget any time soon."

"I understand alright? I get it, you're upset-." Owen tries to calm my rising anger but I hiss at his words before interrupting him. "Upset?! 'Upset' doesn't even come close to what I'm feeling. You know exactly what I lost that day. I haven't even been able to rack up the nerve to go back to her enclosure. All because of that day! All because of HIM!" I exclaimed angrily while pointing back towards Kenji who hides away from my gaze, turning his attention towards 'Pinkie' in the process.....if those two are going to get along, then this 'camp' is going to drive me insane. Owen sighs sadly and looks at me with sympathy....I don't want sympathy, I want to go back to ACU and Hamada at least I can get something done there. "Look, I know it's not ideal but Ryan, your nearly 18, you have your whole life ahead of you, have some fun while you're young." Owen, for once spoke wisely, I knew that... yes I am young, but age is just a number, if you can do something, go do it regardless of age. Owen had gotten in his Jeep, possibly to head to the Raptor Pen, he looks at me with a somber but proud look. "Your dad would be proud of you...you know that, right? I  nod my head. "Yeah". I say quietly as Owen smiles and drives off into the jungle with a final goodbye. I turn back to the camp truck. Might as well it over with....I guess.

I hop into the back, storage part of the Jeep, I look within and see that everyone has taken up their own seats except one near 'Runner', I move towards the spot when Kenji puts his feet up with a smug smirk on his face. I glare at him in return. "If you don't more your feet, I'm going to break both your legs and you can crawl your way towards camp." I threaten with annoyance in my voice. "No you won't." He scoffs before leaning back without a care in the world, which aggravates me even more. "You wanna fuckin' bet?" I growl my ultimatum to him which breaks his tough guy bullshit. He pulls his feet back and I sit down next to 'Runner'. I can see, not just on her, but on everyone...that they are tense and their eyes are constantly shifting towards me. I turn to 'Runner' and hold up my hand awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Ryan." I personally think that my greeting could have been better but she looks at me and half-smiles at my awkward greeting as she raises her hand to return the handshake. "Hey, I'm Yasmina, nice to meet you." She replied. Yasmina.....she had a very nice name. "Welcome to Jurassic World". I say sarcastically as she rolls her eyes at the terrible joke...but the small grin betrays the act.