Happy Birthday, Eddie

We have been walking for what seems like hours. The Sun blazing down. Flys and mosquitoes everywhere. I look around for any threats, the silence is completely unnerving.

SNAP!

"AAAHHH!"

We jump is fright and turn to see Skits and a broken stick. "Sorry guys, stepped on a twig." We all groan in relief.

"Ugh, come on man."

"That almost gave me a heart attack."

"How about next time, I step on you."

Brooklynn, Sammy and Kenji say at the same time. "How about this Skits, you go up to the front with Darius and I'll trail behind, sound good?" I tell him. He nods quickly and moves to stand by Darius. "It's okay, we're all a bit on edge." Darius reassures Skits. "And lost." Yasmina retorts. Looking around, it's all jungle, look to the left, jungle, look to the right, more jungle, look up, don't bother. "Darius, you sure, we're still heading towards the main park." Sammy questions. She right though, the jungle looks the same and I've never been through the restricted area of the island so I haven't got a clue. "Well if I had my phone we would know, it has a GPS, a compass and is also a phone." Someone shoot me now. "Sammy didn't steal your phone. Noone stole your phone. Can we please stop talking about the phone." I pull Yasmina away, before she starts throwing hands. "Just stop arguing." I turn to Brooklynn. "Forget about the phone, if someone had it, they would have shown it by now alright." I firmly state. Arguing about the phone is taking us in circles and we don't have time to argue.

"My fellow campers. Chill." Kenji proclaims loudly. "Hey dumbass, why don't you speak a little louder, I don't think the whole island heard you?" I sarcastically state, annoyed." "Relax Ryan, what we need is someone to make the hard call and get us outta here." I getting really angry with he's saying, 'make the hard call', I clench my fist. "And since I'm leadership material. I'll do this." Alright that's enough. "The last time you made a 'hard call', I had to pull your worthless hide from Allison, so why don't you do us all a favor and shut the fuck up." I angrily tell him as he widen his eyes, looks hurt, good he should remember what he did. He cowers away. I walk towards some shrubbery, looking into the bush for any sign of dino activity or a sense of direction.

I hear that the group decided to listen to Darius, while smart, he needs to understand that this is life and death, one bad decision could result in us as good as dead. I look back to see Brooklynn ripping in Kenji telling him that he is only covering that he is lost too. I notice something on the ground, Patagonian raspberries, native to Argentina, they were imported some a while back for the.... Carnotaurus. "I know where we are." I tell the group. "Where are we." Skits asks. "We're by the Carnotaurus paddock. Based on where the sun is, it's that way." I say as I point west. I run off in the same direction, I hear everyone following behind me.

Darius catches up to me as we break through the grass. "I remember the fence. The broken....ripped down.....fence." He says as we look at the ruined barrier. Toro couldn't have done this. The fence is pulled out-would. "That means....that means Toro is out here...with us." Skits says fearfully. "That means that we have to worry about the Indominus and Toro....wait how do you know about Toro?" Darius asks as Yasmina walks between him and Skits. "Ryan told us when we were in the common room that day." Darius and Kenji look at me bewildered. "How did you know?" Kenji asks me. "Trust me guys, the signs were all there." I go to inspect the fence. Something really big, strong and able handed had to pull this fence out. I realize that there is only thing capable of that.

"Guys." I get the group's attention. "Toro didn't do this....the fence is pulled down and out from the top." "Ah, what does that mean?" Sammy asks. Darius answers her. "He means that something big had to pull the fence and be on this side of it." "The Indominus is the only one that I could think of.....but there is no blood, no body...Indominus freed Toro but didn't kill him....why?" I question, what mindset does this animal think in. "Well, I'm not going to wait around and find out." Yasmina interjects. Darius shakes his head. "We know that this enclosure is north of the park, so we head south we should be able to reach the Innovation Centre. Dave and Roxie or someone else in charge there, must know what to do." I agree. "It's a good plan." I say. "Yes, exactly what I was thinking, as leader. Good job Darius." Kenji says. Idiot. Everyone trails off north. I follow along with Yasmina. "That Indominus has killed everything and anything it finds...why leave Toro alive." I ask her. "I don't know Ryan, but I'm not going to ask the Indominus that question if we run into again." Too true.