A Shock to the System

P.OV: Change: Ryan

I stay and sit up but pain in my back prevents me. "Don't try so fast. You had a rough night." Yaz says to me jokingly. I laugh at her. "How are you feeling?" She questions. "Well....I got scratched and beat up by a nightmarish porcupine. Other than that, never better." I say sarcastically which gets a laugh out of Yaz. I look to everyone else. "Hey, guys." I say. "Welcome back to the land of the living." Ben says which I laugh. "Smartass." Darius hands me a bottle of water. "Thanks." I take it and take a big chug of it. "Damn, that's good." Darius looks up at the moon, seeing a break in the storm. "We have to get to the boat. With the break in the storm, we have a chance." He says as he lift a bag. "What about the Scorpios?" Sammy asks fearfully. "We have to risk it. We might not get another chance." He reasons back. I nod in agreement. "He's right. If the storm comes back, the boat could take on too much water and we'll never get out of here." I say which the others nod hesitatingly in agreement.

We all start to pack. Yaz helps me in trying to get my strength back. "Whoa." I say as I almost fall. "Hold on, there you go." Yaz says as she steadies me. "I hate feeling like this." I say. "It's just temporary, once you get your strength back, you'll be good as new." She says as she swings my arm around her neck. I pull her into a hug. "Thanks for saving me." I say quietly as she hugs me back. My legs start to give out. "Uh, Ryan....?" She says as she struggles to keep me up. "Sorry.....I can't keep myself upright." I apologize. "It's alright. No matter what you need. I'm here for you." She says as she leans me on a foundation as I steady myself up. I look at her weirdly, that's......strange. I shake it off as Yaz helps walk to where the others are.

"Wait, where's Ben?" I hear Brooklynn ask as we all look around the camp. That skinny, little, doesn't listen bitch. "I'm going to throttle him." I say with frustration. We enter the forest, looking everywhere for. "Ben?" Kenji calls out, Brooklynn soon follows. "Bumpy ran off because of the Scorpios Rex, maybe Ben went looking for her." Brooklynn says which makes the most sense for why Ben would run off. "Then I'm going after him!" Darius says as he walks off into the jungle. "Darius." I say which makes him turn to me. "Anyone else see the irony?" Yaz asks sarcastically. "Fine, let's go. The sooner we find Ben, the sooner we can get out of here." Brooklynn says moodily. "We can't risk it. With the Scorpios out here, we can't all go. I'll go alone." I slap my forehead at his stubbornness. "Again? Remember what happened last time you went alone?" Brooklynn tries to reason but I knew that Darius won't budge. "Fine..... we'll go the the boat. You find Ben and get him back." I say to him which he nods. "If we're not back by sunrise, then you know what to do." He says. "Dude." "What!" "No way!" Kenji, Brooklynn and Sammy say respectively. A stick break is heard. "Shh, you hear that." Darius says as he points behind us. We see rustling and out pops a goat. Must've escaped from Rexy's enclosure. We turn back to Darius and see him gone. "Oh yeah. Picking up on that irony thing that you said earlier." Brooklynn quips to Yaz.

We are walking, I believe, into the direction of the boat. I hear Brooklynn and Kenji talking about something when suddenly we come upon a small trampled clearing. "Gosh, darn it." Sammy says, going full Texan with it. "Everything has been knocked down, smashed and trampled. Stupid Scorpios messing up that stupid path to the stupid boat." Kenji grumbles angrily as he kicks a boulder. I pull him out of the way of a falling branch. "It's ok. We just have to turn left at the bush with the berry beard. Which was........maybe that one?" Brooklynn says as she glances around before settling on a bush that she can't be sure for certain is the right one. "I need to sit down." I say as I drop down on a good size rock. "If we don't find that path, than that Scorpios will find us." Sammy says fearfully. Yaz shakes her head. "Nah, we'll be ok. You guys will find a way, right?" Kenji and Brooklynn turn around. "Say again?" Kenji asks. "You guys got this. I believe in you." I raise my eyebrow before looking at the other three. They all have wide eyes and confused looks. "O....k. And?" Kenji questions suspiciously. "And what? I really believe in you guys. Keep up the good work." I subtly move away from Yaz. I must've hit my head somewhere but did she just......encourage them. What the fuck happened when I was out. Kenji and Brooklynn huddle together. I look at Yaz as she sits next to me. What is going on with her. I hear Kenji. "Because he always sees the trees with Stegosaurus marks." So that's how Darius always knew how to get to boat and back in record time. That little cheat. "Great job, guys! We're gonna be outta here in no time." Yaz say as she puts up a double thumbs. Ok, something is differently wrong.