Mission Critical

We were gathered around Mae as she groans in discomfort. "She's asleep. The leaves have stopped the bleeding, but I don't know if it's going to last." Sammy says worriedly. "Ben said that Kash has a phone. Let's get it, call for help and get out of here." Yaz says as I nod in agreement. "But, what about the dinosaurs?" Darius asks as we all look at him. "Now that's Mae's injured. Who's going to protect them?" Darius says as I answer. "Look at her, Darius." I say as I point to Mae who groans again. "She's hurt, while I feel bad for the dinosaurs, Mae's health is what I care about more, she needs medical treatment. If her wound becomes infected than she's going to be in a lot more trouble." I point out as the others nod.

"The leaves aren't exactly sterile. We'll split up, some of us go looking for the phone while the rest, look for a Med kit or something." Ben says which I agree too. "Ben's right. We need that phone and Mae needs something better than these leaves." I say as everyone agrees. "Only problem is, that we don't know where he went." Kenji points out as a green light is shown. "A BRAD." I whisper as we all hide. I lean down and pick up Mae and carry her far from the light. The BRADs light shown around the cave as Sammy moves her foot away from the light. The light cuts off as another BRAD shoes up. "New orders received." The robots leave as I carry Mae back. "Maybe one of them is heading back to Kash." Yaz whispers to Brooklynn and Darius.

"You guys go. I think I saw a first aid kit in one of the snow gliders. I'll get Mae patched up." Ben says. "I'll go with you. There is still that Yutyrannus in the arctic." I say which Ben accepts. As Sammy, Darius and Kenji are heading to the forest biome and Brooklynn and Yaz following the BRADs, I stop Yaz. "Please, be careful." I whisper to her as she smiles, pecking my lips after. "Don't worry, I will." She says as she runs off. I smirk and run after Ben towards the arctic biome.

As me and Ben race thought he tunnels, Ben is looking back at me. "What?" I question which he just smiles. "Sorry, it's just......really sweet seeing you two together." He says which I smile embarrassingly to myself. "Yes.....yes, it is." I say happily. I notice him going to say something funny. "Say anything funny and you'll regret it." I say threateningly which shuts him up. We turn a corner and arrive at the biome. We look out and see a snow glider not far from the airlock. We run through the cold and hop into the vehicle, I notice that Ben is freezing his ass off. I laugh while he glares at me. "Shut up." He grits out as he looks in the back. We find some bandages, water and a med kit. I take the bandages and kit while Ben carries the water. We get out and start to head towards the airlock when a green light appears, and we back up against the glider.

To make matters worse, the wind started to pick up and I look over and see Ben, he looks like he has sucked a lemon. I realise that he is desperately trying to keep his himself from shivering. His focus is going haywire as he nearly drops a bottle. The light goes out and we hear the BRAD walking away. Ben looks at me through one eye while I shake my head. He looks at me with a sorry look as his teeth clatter. I hear the BRAD stop and its metal plates moving sharply. I hear coming back as I nudge Ben. I look down under the car as he quickly moves underneath. I follow as I pull the kit under just as the BRAD looks to where we were just standing. The BRAD scans but just like before, walks away.

Ben breathes a sigh of relief, we go to get out from under the glider, but a thud is felt and a soft growl is heard. I look to my left and see a feathered foot landing next to the glider. I sit perfectly still as Ben does the same thing, he is covering his mouth as to not chatter his teeth. The Yutyrannus moves in front of us and I notice that it has a distinctive limp. Must still be hurt from its encounter with King Richard. I hear the snort of a nose as I quickly bury the medical stuff and the water. Ben looks at me terrified as I turn onto my back and take my axe out. I look for the fuel tank and I cut the cord, spraying gasoline on myself and Ben. The Yutyrannus roars before sniffing again, this time, its head leans down as its teeth and jaws are shown to us, the glider is just short enough the the medium size carnivore can't see us. I put a finger on my lips as I look at Ben who nods as his eyes shift between me and the teeth. The jaws nudge the glider before sniffing again, the Yutyrannus grunts in disgust before roaring as it walks away from the glider, it's limping leg dragging along the snow. We sigh in relief and rest our heads against the snow and glider respectively.