Camp Cretaceous Part 3: The Zipline

Yasmina P.O.V:

The camp looks pretty cool, I'll admit but this constant pestering by everyone especially the YouTuber and the Texan, like come on, if I avoid you deliberately, I don't want to be near you, it's not that hard to figure out. This group of people couldn't be more mixed than a diverse public school back home, honestly, we are all so different it's a wonder that anyone talks to one another. Darius, the excited nerd that lives and breathes dinosaurs. Ben, a scared and paranoid germaphobe. Sammy, a very people person that doesn't know the meaning of quiet. Brooklynn, a 'famous' YouTuber, with a deep attachment to that phone, if I didn't know any better, I would believe she goes to bed with it. Kenji, was your typical rich, privileged and smug kid that thought the world revolves around himself. And finally myself, the introvert that despises human interaction while being a national elite athlete.

I look towards the only room away from the common room and cabins, Dave had told us that Ryan had been given his room that would house his gear and distance away so that if he wanted to, he could study his training modules. Jealous, that he got a private room, I could understand the reasons why. Ryan was.......aloof I think is the best word to describe him. While everyone was easy to get a read on (because they wear their feelings on their sleeves), Ryan on the other hand was closed off, all I could get from him is his dislike towards Kenji, his dark attitude to others especially Ben and Brooklynn and his nonchalant mood when he caught the Compy.

I look towards him wearing gym gear and heading towards the bridge that leads towards a nearby, connecting tree. When Roxie told us about the gym, I think it was the first since arriving on this island that I smiled besides the time Ryan introduced himself in the truck. Oh....Boy.... I'll seen big guys before, being an athlete you meet people who are healthy fit, steroid fit or hopeless unfit, but looking at Ryan, holy shit, that is peak-human fit. I've never really gone out of my way to feel attracted to someone, but I can't help it but wander my eyes over. I shake my head from these thoughts and walk over towards him.

P.O.V Change: Ryan

Gym time for me. Hamada told me before I left, 'Ryan, while you going for fun and whatnot, I want you to keep to your routine and workouts, got it?', Hamada is a good bloke but he is demanding with his time and dedication to said routine. And I don't want to go back to ACU out of practice, slow and weak, Hamada would chew my ass out if I did that. "Heading to the gym" I hear to my right. I look to see Yasmina walking over to me, well this is a surprise, Yasmina remained me of....me, quiet, loner, drifter, I guess. "Ahh, Yeah, my commander would chew and spit me out if he heard that I was slacking". I answer, surprising myself with the ease that I'm having with this conversation. She chuckles, in that moment I liked her laugh, she laughed at a joke that I made, I don't make jokes, what the fuck.

"Do you mind if I join you, I haven't worked out since I left the mainland.". She asks. Is she asking me permission....why....why does she need my permission. "Yeah that's fine....you don't need my permission you know, the gym is open to everyone." I question, I was curious. She walks back to her cabin to grab gym wear and looks back towards me. "I didn't want to intrude if you wanted time to yourself....we all saw your outburst to Roxie and I heard what you said to Ben in the truck, better safe than sorry you know." She answers while walking off. Huh, I guess if I was her, I would ask to, I subconsciously look over her form as she strolls away, I have to admit to myself, she is pretty. Fuckin, get your mind out of the Rexes mouth you idiot, you don't time for that nonsense.

2 1/2 hours later:

Me and Yasmina exit the gym and are walking back across the bridge toward the common room. We are laughing on our way there. "Wait, so you gave everyone a nickname when you met us at the dock." Yasmina questions me. "Yes, it is a recruit thing that ACU do when training new members, I just did it without even knowing." I retort back to her happily, as happy as I can. "What did you name us?" She wonders. "Well, Darius was the first one I saw and looked like the shortest one, so I named him Shortie, Ben was next, he looked wimpy and skittish like something was going to jump at him so I called him Skits, Brooklynn has too much pink so Pinkie, Sammy, very bubbly so I called her Bubbles and Kenji is just Kenji." I sate her curiosity. "Why doesn't Kenji have one, I know you two don't get along but-". I cut her off while hastening my stride, done with this conversation. "He's an idiot, so I call him idiot, simple as that."