Misguided

I climb higher into the tree. Vantage is only a vantage point of someone doesn't look up. I see Mitch and Tiff packing their gear. The yurt with the Sino's head hasn't been taken down yet. "Did you remember to pack the fly net, babe?" Mitch says as he passes Tiff. "I told you I already did babe." She says with a smile while gritting her teeth. "Uh, what's going on? Do we really need all this stuff to go looking for Kenji, Brooklynn and Hap?" Darius asks curiously. Mitch pauses for a moment. "Never know what we might run into. After all, the boat will be here in three days. You want to be rescued in one piece don't you?" Gotcha you motherfucker. Sammy gets up and questions Mitch. "You said that the boat will be here in two days." Mitch pauses at his fuck up. "Uh, two-three days, it's a rough estimate. Right babe?" He catches himself as he gestures to Tiff as she nods quickly. "Yes, rough estimate." I see that the trio are glancing at each other at the weirdness. They walk together and huddle. I don't hear what's going on. I see Yaz and Sammy pester Mitch and Tiff while Darius sneaks into the yurt. Dumb, dumb idea. Mitch gets away from Yaz as he enters the yurt with Darius. This is not good. A few minutes pass and I finally notice Tiff carrying an electric rod. Fuck. Darius exits with Mitch who is carrying a large knife. Fuck. I can't get to them without the them being hurt or killed. "You help us bag the dinosaurs and we'll take you and your friends home. If not, we'll leave you all here. Abandoned and forgotten." Mitch finalize as Darius nods with fear in his eyes. They walk into the jungle. Yaz glances at me as she shakes her head at me. I knew that I couldn't go in guns blazing.

As they leave, I climb down and hop out of the tree. I pull the ghillie suit off Hap. "Wake up." I say as I shake him awake. "You knocked me out." "I did, and if you don't help me, I'm going to do it again and drop you in Rexy's nest." He has a look of fear. "You are going to find Kenji and Brooklynn and get them to the boat at the dock, got it?" I say as I cut his holdings. "What do I get out of it?" He says gruffly. I point my axe deep into his chest, drawing blood. "I'm not morally attached to feel guilt at leaving you here." I say with anger. He widens his eyes and nods. He runs off into the direction as Kenji and Brooklynn grabbing an electric rod. I find Sammy's spear, this could be useful. I find the tracks that Tiff left behind, time to save my friends.

I catch up to the others, following quietly behind them. I move in-between the shrubby and trees, keeping to the shadowy parts of the jungle, making sure that I'm behind them so that they don't notice me. I see Mitch pestering Darius. I see Tiff swinging at mosquitoes. "Told you I didn't want kids. Now we have three of them and no guide." This lady is serious starting to piss me off. "We don't need a guide babe, we have Darius." Alright you got to go asshole. I see Sammy fake cough and turn to Yaz gesturing to her healed ankle. Yaz fakes slip and hurt as she cradles her ankle. "She can't keep going like this." Sammy says as I got closer to make my move. I hold the spear ready. I throw a rock into the distance, distracting Tiff, but Mitch doesn't fall for it. "Who else do you have out here?" He says angrily to the group. Damn. He pushes Darius and Sammy aside as be grabs Yaz up before throwing her back down. I feel rage building up. "Come on out and maybe I won't hurt your little friend." He says as he pulls out a knife. Tiff holds Darius and Sammy aside, the electric rod pointing, threatening them. Yaz tries to get up but Mitch kicks her back down.

That's it. I throw the spear from the tall grass and it sinks past Mitch into a tree. As he looks at the spear, I'm running full speed into him. "Mitch look out!" Tiff says as Mitch glances back at me, he's too late to react as I grab him and run him into a thick tree. The impact sends the knife flying into the distance, I grab my axe, pulling it out before sending it into the trunk, missing Mitch by an inch. He kicks me off and runs after me. He throws a punch, I grab his arm and throw him over my hip, when he is down, I rain punches down on him. "YOU THINK YOU CAN HURT MY FRIENDS!" I yell out. I'm just blinded by rage. I hear a scuffle and see Darius holding a branch as he bashes Tiffs leg as Sammy, with another branch, hits her over the head. In the distraction, Mitch has thrown me off. I roll up and get back to my feet as Mitch gets up. His lip is busted and his eye beginning to turn black. "I thought you gone and left." He says taunting me. "I did but I had to do something first." "And what was that?" He says as he gets himself ready. "Protect my friends from you fuckers, now are you going to run your mouth or are we going to fight?" He lunges at me. I duck down and take him down to the ground, I continue to pummel him. He moves to get up, pushing me off. I get up as he begins pushing me towards a tree. I drop my knee, using his momentum, I throw him into the tree. As he begins to gather himself, I kick his head into the tree, knocking him out cold.

I look to the others. Darius and Sammy have relieved looks on their faces. I look at Yaz, I run towards her gathering her in massive hug, we begin crying. "I'm sorry." I whisper to her. "I shouldn't have said what I said." She shakes her head. "I shouldn't have doubted you, you were right." She says crying into the crook of my neck. I tighten the hug. "I shouldn't have left, I should have stayed." We break from the hug. "I'm so sorry." She hugs me again. Soon the hug is joined by Sammy and Darius. "I'm so glad that you are back Ryan, I've missed your sass." Sammy says which makes me laugh. "I'm really sorry for doubting you Ryan, I've should have trusted you." Darius says sadly. I place my hand on his shoulder. "It's alright mate, we made mistakes." I say as I grab my axe out of the tree. "Now let's go fix them."

We begin running into any direction. We stop at a large rock. "What do we do now." Sammy asks. "We need a plan to throw Mitch and Tiff off when they come too." I pull out the map from Darius pocket. "We need to keep them from the watering hole, it's where they'll go. So, we need to draw them somewhere that is far away from the watering hole." Yaz points out to me. "How are we going to do that?" I think about it for a minute but Darius perks up. "I've got a plan but you are not going to like it." Me, Yaz and Sammy have confused looks on our faces.

P.O.V Change: Brooklynn

Hap finding us wasn't planned nor was the discovery that Ben was still alive and had been surviving on his own, well he did have Bumpy. We had walked to the garage that Hap had scouted out with Mitch and Tiff when they first got here. They lied to us, they did have a boat and they were nothing more than poachers. The Baryonyxs, Limbo, Chaos and Grim had almost caught us but Hap had given his life to protect us, I had been wrong about him, and now I'll never be able to make it up to him. Me and Kenji catch up to Ben and Bumpy. "What do we do now?" Kenji answers me. "It's obvious isn't it, we find the others and if Mitch and Tiff have them then we will deal them and get our friends back." He says. "So how do we find them?" Ben questions. We think about for a minute. I perk up with an answer. " We head in the direction of their camp, we scout the surrounding areas to see if passed through. They couldn't have gone far on foot." The boys nod in acceptance. "Alrighty, off to Mitch and Tiffs camp." Ben says dramatically. I have missed his quirky humor. We were off, Bumpy and Ben trailing behind us. Hang on guys, we're coming.

P.O.V Change: Ryan

The sun had set and we had decided on our plan. It was a terrible idea but if done right, could work in our favor. While I hide in the trees, Darius, Sammy and Yaz are out in the open. A bag is thrown and knocks Sammy over. Mitch and Tiff arrive and they look worse for wear. Tiff is limping and has nasty bump on her head. Mitch is worse. He has a broken nose, bloodied lip, a black eye and a purple bruise forming on his cheek. Tiff grabs Yaz while Mitch grabs Darius. "Get of me." Darius shouts. "Where is the other one?!" Mitch screams out. "We sent him off to scout ahead for shelter." Darius says as he rolls a paper ball. I hear Tiff yell. "I told you they were trouble!" "Not the time, babe!" Mitch retorts angrily. Huh, pissed off that a 17 year old kid made you look like you got run over by a bus. Darius shoves Tiff to the ground, releasing Yaz, he passes the paper ball in her hand. He hugs Mitch, not allowing him to follow Yaz as she runs into the jungle. I follow her with my eyes as she disappears into the darkness. I look back down to see Darius and Sammy on the ground in fear. Tiff holds the electric rod threatening. "Now, we do things my way." She says as she turns the rod on. I jump in-between the trees following after Yaz. I catch up to her as she dodges a.....motorcycle that is carrying Kenji and Brooklynn.

"Yaz?" Kenji says as I drop from above, scaring the shit out of everyone. "Sorry, just me." Kenji and Brooklynn smile at me, happy that I'm back. "We have big news." Brooklynn says excitedly. "Mitch and Tiff have them. Darius gave me this paper." Yaz says as she unfolds it. This was the part that Darius didn't tell us about. "He's leading them here." She says pointing to Main Street. "Why would he lead them there." Brooklynn questions. "He's setting a trap for them." I say figuring out Darius plan. "He plans to use Rexy to level the playing field." I hear a noise coming from the bushes. I ready my axe as a half grown Ankylosaurs shows itself. Me and Yaz back away but I notice that Kenji and Brooklynn haven't moved. I notice the different bumps on the dinosaur head. "Bumpy?" Yaz questions, coming to the same conclusion as me. I see a small figure drop from the animals armored back. He is carrying a spear, a blue bandana around his head and a fanny pack around his waist. "Ben?" I say as I lower my axe. "Hey guys....long time no see." He says happily. I drop my axe in shock.