A Beacon of Hope

ROOOAAARRR!

This was the worst idea that anyone ever had. Let's just run through the Parasaurolophus herd, not knowing that Rexy had broken free and already established hunting grounds. We run through the jungle, a stray Parasaurolophus had diverted from the herd, following us into the jungle. Darius leads from the front as Sammy and Brooklynn help carry Yaz. Me and Kenji trail behind. "Don't look back, keep going!" I shout out to the others. "Is the Parasaurolophus still behind us?" Brooklynn asks as me and Kenji look back to see said Parasaurolophus dodge out of the way of the ambushing Tyrannosaur. I pull Kenji out of the way of her snapping jaws. "Not anymore!" Kenji yells out. We run to an overturned log. I see Rexy bite down of the lone hadrosaur spine then grabs the neck. Rexy throws her head up, lifting her catch in the air before slamming it to the ground. I dove over the log, press my back to it as we hear the crunch of bone and ripping of flesh.

Darius looks over the log to see Rexy pulling her kill away. "They're gone." We all sigh in relief. "Why are there so many dinosaurs around." Kenji complains. "Because the power is down and also, I don't know if you noticed but this is Isla Nublar, of course there dinosaurs around." I say sarcastically as Kenji glares at me. "We need to find some cover, scavenger predators will always pick off a kill from a hunter. We do not want to be around for that." I say as i get up. "I just want a sandwich." Yaz says as she gets to her feet. "We haven't had anything to eat ever since those awful carob that Ben..." She stopped herself as she gives an apologetic look to everyone. We all have somber expression remembering our fallen friend. "We can't think like that. Not now. We need to find some food and shelter, only then can we mourn." I say sadly, the survival of the group has to be the first priority. "But there is nowhere to go, dinosaurs have taken every piece of this island. We need food and shelter. We can't keep running like this." Yaz says as Sammy and Brooklynn help her up. Darius calls out from the clearing. "We don't have to. We can get all our supplies from Main Street. There's bound to be food, water and way to get contact the mainland...come on." He says as we run towards Main Street.

We come out to find a ruined and filled with rumble Main Street. The restaurant on the end had been half destroyed. The amber display and fake Rex skull. Even the Spinosaurus skeleton had been broken in half. "What happened here?" Kenji asks. We are look towards the ruined restaurant. "I'm going to say....dinosaurs." Yaz replies sarcastically. "It's more than that. A fight took place here." I say as me and Darius inspect the damaged gift shop opposite the restaurant. "Judging by the height damage...I'm guessing the T-Rex and....something bigger." I look to him, agreeing. "The Indominus Rex." I hear Brooklynn say from the broken fence of Moses lagoon. "Looks like we don't have to worry about it anymore." She says as I see four massive claw marks etched into the concrete. "Looks like Moses saw an opportunity and took it. Good news for us." "Guys." We jump as Sammy comes from out of nowhere." "You guys have to see this."

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. A electronic store with a Brooklynn cardboard cutout. We all look bewildered. We laugh at the ridiculousness of it. "Oh wow, can't believe I forgot that I agreed to that." I turn to her while glancing at the cutout. "Do you have only one outfit?" "What it's my signature look." I look across the street and see an intact clothes shop. I look at my torn baggy pants, navy blue shirt ripped and dirty. "What you think about?" Yaz asks me. I look at her. "Just thinking that we have been wearing the same clothes for the past day and I need a change." She nods in understanding. Yaz and I walk over to the clothes shop.

We separate into different sections of the store. I find a navy blue, skin tight sweat shirt, a pair of long stretchy shorts. I switch out my dirtied shoes for a brand new pair of socks and runners. I look over to Yaz looking in the....lady section. I look away, finding a change-room. I change out of my clothes, as I was about to put my shirt on, I hear a gasp behind me. "My God." I turn to see Yaz completely changed. Her getup is similar to her pervious clothes. A black pair of running pants with silver highlights with a matching zip up jacket like her one from before. She is wide eyed as her eyes shift and trace the harsh, jagged, pink lines over my torso. Fuck. My stomach, chest and back is covered in scars. The biggest one is three parallel scars running down from my left pectoral to my right hip, a bite mark on my right shoulder, nicks and scratches from falls, bruises from the fall the monorail.