The Final Test

Following Morning:

P.O.V Change: Darius

Sunlight begins to filter on through my closed eyelids, I groan as I slowly open and wince from the bright light. Turning over so the light is not on my eyes, I sit up and open my eyes to see Sammy in front of me. I go to gasp in shock, but she reaches forward and clasps her hand over my mouth. I stare wide eyed as she smiles and places her finger on her lips, tell-tell sign of silence. She lets go and gestures to me to follow, curious as to why she is acting like this, I get up and stretch out all my kinks before following after her. We walk over to the 'game area' of the room, Sammy points to the couch as I see both of its occupants. I hold back a giggle at the display, Yaz laying almost directly on top of Ryan who has his arms wrapped around her. Judging by the smile on Yaz's face.....she must be very comfortable. I turn to Sammy and raise an eyebrow at the duo. She rolls her eyes and pulls her hands up, forming a closed fist with her pointer straightened out, she draws them two together and forms a heart shape. I stare confused at the display as she rolls her eyes and glances at the duo. A few seconds pass.......before an imaginary light bulb turns on in my head.

"Them two.....together.....together?" I mouth silently to Sammy who beams with a toothy smile, nodding in agreement at my realization. She holds up some marker pems.....no idea where she got them from but whatever, she passes some to me as she smiles evilly. My lips curl in the same smile as we sneak closer to the sleeping couple. I pull the claps off, see Sammy do the same as we prepare to draw. As I inch closer to Ryan's face.....I breathe in and go to-oh shit. Before the pen can connect to his face.......his eyes open. Me and Sammy stop immediately as we gulp subconsciously at the deep, cold stare. Ryan looks down at the marker pens before looking back up at us. He smiles evilly as his left hand rises from Yaz's back and points to the both of us. He pulls back and drags his thumb across his neck as he mouths silently to us. "You're dead." Sammy and I share the same thought and back up from him. He nods his head and mouths silently again. "That's what I thought." He closes his eyes and places his hand back where it was as Yaz coos and scoots further into Ryan's embrace.

It was a while later and everyone had gotten up, Mr. Kon had set up a small banquet for us to have breakfast. The first real breakfast in six months, it felt so good. Doughnuts, eggs, bacon, a few beans here and there and good old-fashioned toast. "Ah...the sun is shining, no dinosaurs chasing us, and most importantly....breakfast is served." Sammy says as she walks over from the window to the banquet table. Yaz buckles and places a doughnut on her plate before turning to Sammy. "Feels weird to have nothing to worry about for once. Remember when we used to search every inch of the treehouse, just in case any Compy's set up shop?" She says as Ryan stands beside me and picks his portions of eggs, bread and bacon. "Yep, sleeping without anything bothering you....or something trying to mess with you while sleeping, that I miss." He says sarcastically as I see him glance at me and Sammy. "What does that mean?" Yaz asks confused as Sammy nervously laughs and bumps her arm. "Oh nothing....Ryan just being Ryan......right?" She asks as Ryan smiles evilly. "Maybe.....maybe not." He says as he walks back over to the couch. Me and Sammy gulp at the humor that Ryan seems to torture us with. "Well.....besides that, I feel very fresh this morning, I got a full night's sleep and I'm just completely....hmm....relaxed." Yaz says with a happy and slightly dazed smile on her face. Sammy and I are laughing on the inside, but we keep our cool on the outside.....Sammy is having trouble not to squeal. Brooklynn, from the corner of my eye looks bewildered and confused. Seeing that, I decided to bring the subject back. "Yeah, definitely....I, myself, am very relaxed." I say awkwardly......stupid, stupid....that wasn't relaxed at all. "Oh same.....I'm just......chiiiiiillllll." Brooklyn says with a very familiar 'Kenji' attitude. Sammy and Yaz look confused at us but shrug and head over to the window to have their breakfast.