Escape From Isla Nublar

I kill the engines. We are a good mile and a half from Nublar. I stand on the bridge as I look back to the island. "Aww, man. I left my captain's hat in the limo." I hear Kenji say besides me. "Ah, Kenji. We have slightly bigger problems." Yaz says as she enters the bridge. "I know, I know." He defends. "We're heading back to the dock. The Scorpios had to move on by now." I say as I kick start the engine back to the island. Hang on, guys, we're coming.

I pull the boat up to dock and level it out before killing the engines. Yaz and Kenji exit the bridge before joining Sammy and Brooklynn, off the boat. I go to follow but I gaze at the shotgun leaning against the wall. I walk over and pick it up before loading 7 shells into it. "One last score." I walk out of bridge and climb down to the lower level. I hop off the boat to join to others. I see Yaz looking at me, worriedly. "Just a precaution." I say, reassuring her as she nods.

We slowly walk up the ramp, I have the shotgun ready just in case the Scorpios is still around. We were just about to crest the top when a spiked tail came of nowhere. We are scream and back away. I point the gun at..........the Stegosaurus. How the fuck did we not see or hear that anywhere? "False alarm, guys. It's just a Stego." I say to others who breathe a sigh of relief. "Oh my God. Guys!" Sammy runs with Brooklynn and Yaz following. I go to join them when I see Kenji still on the ramp. "What is it? Describe with words." He says. "Come on." I say as I pick him up from the back of his shirt and drag him to follow.

"That's terrifying." I say as I gaze up at the beat up limo. It's windscreen is cracked. The dents make it seem that someone threw boulders at it. Oh, and never mind that it's standing completely upright against the tree. "Darius and Ben? Do you think......" Brooklynn says sadly but a gasp from Sammy interrupts. "Guys, they escaped, look!" She says as we look down and see tracks. "Follow those tracks!" I yell out as I run in their direction.

"More footprints, over here." Sammy says as we try to find they tracks. Their tracks had gone when they entered the thick brush. We follow Sammy when we hit a roadblock. A large tree and several others had been knocked down. "Something big had to come through here. Like, lots and lots of something bigs." Yaz says as she gestures to the damage. "Most likely Brachiosaurus. These trees are old and thick, only a herd of Brachiosaurus could have knocked them down." I say as I look down at Darius and Ben's tracks. They are mumbled with the Brachiosaur prints but with enough time, I can find their path. A cry of a dinosaur is heard as we all jump up and huddle. I have the shotgun pointed out as Yaz has her machete at the ready. "I swear.....if that's the Scorpios Rex..." Kenji goes to say but the cry is heard again. I lower my gun. "It's not the Scorpios." I say as I trail around the large log and see the reason for the cry. A baby Brachiosaur. "Awwwww!" I hear the girls say as they race towards the baby dino. I smile at them as I swing the shotgun over my shoulder. Kenji slaps his forehead. "Ugh, guys! In and out, remember." Kenji says as we walk over to the girls. I brush the baby head and scratch its chin. "She's looking for her herd." Sammy says. "So what? Why should we care about what happens to the dinosaurs?" Kenji says. "Because it's the right thing to do. The baby will be picked off out here without her mother. A predator or something worse will take her. Can you honestly stand there and say that you don't care?" I ask Kenji which he goes to answer but stops before he can get a word out. "Ryan's right. Life.......it's worth protecting." Brooklynn says, backing me up.

"Ok, obvi. The Scorpios thing is bad, but it's not our responsibility. The people who made that monster should have thought of the consequences before they gene-spliced a bunch of random lizards together!" Kenji says frustratingly. "Yeah, ok but that's no reas-." Brooklynn goes to say something but Kenji interrupts. "We should be looking for Darius and Ben. In and out. And then finally, we can escape from this nightmarish hellhole of an island!" Kenji says as he finishes his rant. I look back at the baby who begins crying out for her mother again. Tears are welling up in the baby's eyes. I notice, Kenji give a sigh of defeat. Knew it. "Can't believe I'm about to..." He whispers as he brings his hands up. "Woooo!" He tries to mimic a Brachiosaur cry and it sounds really bad. Soon enough the girls and the baby follow suit. I would join in but.......I still have my pride.