Shaky Ground

Forest Biome, Mantah Corp Island

P.O.V: Ryan

The relentless shaking of the quake had us on the edge of sheer panic. Branches were being broken off, rocks were breaking and cracking under the pressure of the quake.....but worst of all all of the cracking of the large redwood tree trunk that was happening behind me. I gaze upward and see the splinters of wood creaking and breaking, forming broken ice patterns up the tree. "Clear! Clear out! Now!" I shout as I grab Darius and Brooklynn and pull them away from the tree. Yaz carries Sammy over to a nearby log as Ben trails after her. Me, Darius and Brooklynn follow as well as the tree gives out and collapses over the open pathway. The groaning of wood and splintering of wood rings in our ears as we brace for anything. The tree crashes to the ground but not before nearly snapping in half against another tree. The shaking begins to settle as I open a single eye and notice that small pebbles are beginning to settle.......they come to a complete stop as I nudge the others. "I think it's over, guys." I hear a screech above and see the three Pteranodons are still here. "Get down!" Ben shouts as I kneel down and shield Sammy and Darius from the flock. They fly over us and head to the Rexes who are still being contained by the drones. Both Eatie's roar in fury as the Pteranodons are scared off by the duo. I sit up and see that all the dangers are currently gone and we are safe to move on. "Come on, let's regroup." I say as I jump up on top of the log and reach down. I pull Yaz up first who assists in getting the others up.

Isla Nublar:

P.O.V Change: Kenji

I step back on fear as the shadow moves along the ravine, itching closer to me. The shadow roars as I make a break for it but slip over a rock, I crash to the ground. I spit out dirt as I turn and see the dinosaur reveal itself. Its amber eyes gaze down at me, it's scarred body now faded with rough patches of healed skin and scales. The once prominent red and black markings are now a faded mess of scarred tissue. I look up at the horned head and see the scar from the fence is now pink but still prominent on its snout. "Toro." I say his name in recognition of the Carnotaur. His eyes narrow, his lips curl in an almost savage grin before roaring at me. I back up in terror as he moves his feet in a charge preparation stand. He snarls at me as I back me back against the ravine wall. "Sure, you don't want to talk about this?" I say jokingly, trying to ease the terror in my soul....knowing that in a few moments......it's all going to be over and I'm going to become a chewed up Carnotaur lunch. Toro snorts and goes to charge, I duck to prepare for his teeth but a shout breaks me from my terror. I look up and see that Hawkes has jumped on Toro's neck. The Carnotaur tries to buck him off but Hawkes grips tightly on Toro's horn, keeping himself steady from the bucking predator.

Hawkes tried to plant the chip into Toro's head, but I shake off his head leads to Hawkes to nearly slip off the dino......I see the remote control for the chips fall out of Hawkes's bag. Hawkes hangs from Toro's neck, his face just mere centimetres from Toro's eye.....the mercenary is able to grab hold of Toro's other horn and pulls himself up. I gaze down at the controller and see that Toro's foot is inching closer to it. I dash ahead and grab it before pulling myself away from the panicking carnivore. Toro turns and bashes the side of his head and body into the ravine wall, trying to get Hawkes off of him but the mercenary points the chip gun to Toro's head and plants the chip. The Carnotaur roars in pain and pulls his head up and throws it to the side, the momentum being too much for Hawkes as he is thrown across the ground. Toro shakes his head of the pain as I hear the controller beeping. I look down and see it and the chip coming on online, gazing up, I see Toro charge for Hawkes's head, his jaws open wide and ready to chomp on the downed mercenary. The controller comes online as I click a button. Toro comes to a complete stop, his mouth open wide as saliva begins to drip down from his teeth. I stared in amazement at what happened, before focusing my attention but on the controller, I click another button and see that Toro obeyed the command and stood up straight, closing his mouth in the process. Toro stands motionless, completely at my full control. I sigh in relief in knowing that the danger has passed and that the chip worked.