Staying Alive

P.O.V Change: Yaz

Sammy, myself and Ben were kneeling behind some foliage, looking at the Rex and mammoth tear into one another. King Richard is bleeding heavily and is swaying side to side in exhaustion. Big Eatie, has several purple bruises that showing around her mouth, neck and ribs but she is still standing strong. The drones are slowly moving closer inward, keeping both of them within the small death cage. "How could we let this happen?" I ask. While I believe that we should have gotten off this island already, I'm horrified at the level of carelessness that I had for these animals. Shocked and taken from their loved ones just to kill each other for the entertainment of a sadist. I look over to Sammy and Ben. Sammy is covering her mouth while looking in horror and Ben is unnerved by the unnecessary violence displayed in front of us. I hear leaves moving and see Kenji and Brooklynn returning.

"What's going on? Why isn't Darius and Ryan stopping this?" Sammy asks as we see Big Eatie go for a snap only for King Richard to deck for in the head with his tusks. "There was a bunch of BRADs. We had to take cover." Kenji says in a dejected voice. "We also lost sight of Kash." Brooklynn follows up. "So.....he could be in there with them." I say as I look back to the compound.

"Come on, you piece of shit!" I hear a loud voice coming from the jungle. It's Ryan. We all start running around the clearing to where the voice originated. I hear a screech of a Velociraptor and my stomach sinks. I run faster and break through the foliage to see the Raptor standing over Ryan as the carnivore is biting down on the axe handle. Ryan is using the axe to keep the sharp deadly teeth away. "Leave him alone!" I scream out as I unsheathe my machete. The raptor breaks from Ryan and looks at me, I notice its scar over its left eye. "Remember me?" I say mockingly as the animal snarls and walks slowly towards me. "Hey, dirt bag?" Ryan says as the raptor turns back and gets booted in the head. The predator cries out in pain and is wobbling around dazed. I run up next to Ryan as he ready's his axe. The raptor looks at the both of us and slowly walks away before dashing into the jungle.

I turn to Ryan and sheath my machete before hugging him. He hugs me back before kissing the top of my head. "I thought-." I go to say but he just kisses me which......cuts everything out. "I'm fine, luv. All good, thank you." He says as he leans his head on mine. "Hey....are you two done?" We turn and see the others standing there, very amused. Brooklynn has her hand on her hip. "Don't you talk." Ryan says which makes her do a quick take to Kenji before blushing. "Ryan, why aren't in the compound?" Ben asks. "The raptor came upon us, I ran so to get it away from Darius." He says as Big Eatie roars in the distance. "We have to get back." I say as we all run off back to the compound.

P.O.V Change: Ryan

We all watch with underlying anger, horror and indecision about what to do. We have no idea where Kash is and knowing our luck, most likely in the compound with Darius. "What are we going to do. Big Eatie and King Richard are going to kill each other." Sammy says as Big Eatie goes to bite down on King Richards neck, the mammoth catches the underside of the Rex and with a sheer feat of strength, lifts the 8-ton Tyrannosaur, barely, before flopping under on her side. A loud crack can be heard as Big Eatie roars in pain. I look to see that a bone is sticking out of her leg. She goes to back up away King Richard, but the drones keep her in their barrier. She has no choose but to fight, broken leg and all.

"The drones are forcing them together. Split up and take them down!" Brooklynn shouts as we all split and go. Sammy with Ben, Kenji with Brooklynn and myself with Yaz. We climb a tree, close to where King Richards drones are waiting by. Yaz tries to swing her machete but the drones are just out of reach. I climb higher before throwing my axe into one of the rotors of the drone. It goes crashing down to the ground, destroyed. Yaz, finally is able hit the one she has been swinging for as I drop down to her branch. "About time." I say cheekily as she punches me in the arm. We both jump down to the ground and notice that Ben and Sammy are throwing some rocks at the drones still in the air. We run towards them while picking up some more. We throw them but they miss. I grab a particularly sharp angled rock and heave it towards a drone, the rock clips the rotor as it crashes. "Good shot!" Yaz says. "Three down." Kenji says as he and Brooklynn catch up with us.