At Least...

The cave is pretty big but not very deep, only the entrance is large than it divides into tiny chasms and pathways. I set up our 'camp' for the night but before I can light a fire, Darius calls out. "Hey guys, I see a bright light coming from that tunnel." He says as he points out the tunnel. I get up and gather the group as we go to investigate. We pass through the tight space and turn a corner. I shield my eyes from the intense light as we gasp in wonder and confusion. A great desert lay before us. "This.......is definitely not Costa Rica." Brooklynn states sarcastically. "Looks more like.....Australia?" Darius follows up. "Couldn't have gone that far." He says before Kenji puts his hand on his face. I don't hear their conversation as I take in the desert. Blue skies, with some clouds, a blazing sun and endless stretch of sand, cactuses and distance mountains. "This is not right. We were headed east, Australia is west of Isla Nublar so that's out. And are we not going to talk about the fact that there was fierce storm clouds on the beach or the fact that these a fucking desert in a tropical region!" I point out as everyone takes what I said and ponders about it.

"Ok, we know where we aren't. Anyone have any idea where we are?" Brooklynn ask which Yaz scoffs. I look to see her on a rock, throwing a small stone. A downcast expression on her face. "Nup. Just that we are stranded. And alone. Again." She says quietly as I walk over and sit beside her, putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder. She turns her head towards me. "We'll figure it out." I say which she just smiles in respond. "Hey, hey, guys! Look over there! Something shiny." Ben says as we look out to the desert. I narrow my eyes and do see something shiny. "Looks like the sun is glinting off something metal, maybe?" Sammy says. "Something metal could mean that someone made it. Let's go check it out!" Ben says excitedly as he jumps down. "Hold your horses there. We don't even know if it's metal. It could be just a refraction off a small pond or something, we don't know." I say as I get up from the rock. "But if it is something metal, shouldn't we check it out." Ben reasons back. "Or it could be nothing and we would have to walk across the desert to find nothing." I tell him as he hangs his head down. "But we'll go anyway." I finish as he perks up. "Wait, really?" Kenji questions behind him. "We can't go back, the beach is deserted and wreck isn't going to help us. The desert is harsh but we can get through it. I may not like it but that shiny thing is the only thing that could give us a clue to where we are so........let's go." I say as I slide down the hill. Soon enough, everyone follows and we are on our way through the desert.

This place is a scorcher. The sun is blistering down and there is nothing around for miles, just sand, more sand and cactuses. "This place is weird. Like we're on another planet or something. Ooh, maybe we've been abducted by aliens." Kenji says playfully to Brooklynn who just shoves him back. "Because that makes the most sense." She says while laughing. "What....what? No, no, that's dumb, it's dumb. Never mind. What? No you shut up." Kenji says awkwardly as I raise my eyebrow in confusion. Brooklynn states back, also confused. I walk up beside him and whisper to him. "Smooth." I say sarcastically as Kenji embarrassingly scratched his head. "As if dinosaurs weren't enough. Now we're washed up on some deserted island." Yaz remarks sarcastically, gesturing to the desert.

"Well, at least it's a nice.....day." Ben says, not real convincingly. "At least, there are no mosquitoes." Sammy says, which I agree with. Those little bastards are worse than any dinosaur. "Yeah, at least, we're not being tortured for an eternity by vampires!" Yaz states loudly which gets me to look weirdly at her. "What? I read goth books alright." She says to me. "I didn't say anything." I try to reason. "You didn't have too." She says which sends my head right round. You get pissed at me for not saying anything but I get trouble for......not saying anything. Women are so confusing. "I got one. It's like the beach, but without any ocean." Kenji says which I just shake my head at. "Eh, needs more vampires." Yaz say offhandedly. What is with you and vampires.

When I said that this place is a scorcher, I was wrong. It's hell. "At least, we're not being tortured by demons in a fiery pit of the most fiery hell." Yaz says tiredly. "You sure about that." Brooklynn asks rhetorically as she takes her jumper off and hang it above her head, shielding herself from the sun. I drag the harpoon behind me, no strength left to carry it. "Hell would be a paradise compared to this shit." I say as we continue to walk. I stop as I feel the wind going by, I look over and see Sammy absolutely taken away with the wind. "This wind is godsend." Sammy says but I look behind her. "God didn't send this." I say as I gesture behind her. She turns and gasps. "Guys, what is that?" She says frighteningly. Everyone turns and see a massive cloud of sand and dirt. "A sandstorm?" Brooklynn says in a 'I don't believe it' way. "Find cover, block your eyes and nose!" I say as I find a large boulder and hide behind it. I pull my shirt up and cover my nose and eyes. I feel Yaz sit beside me, as I hear the others running to find cover. I can't see anyone through the sand or my shirt. I pull my shirt down and see that the storm is starting to settle. I nudge Yaz who takes to uncover her eyes. "Let's find the others." We make our way through the storm and find Darius and Ben. We her a grunt and see Sammy. "Sammy, you ok?" Yaz asks as she runs over and helps Sammy up. "I'm good. Wait, where are Kenji and Brooklynn?" Sammy asks as we look around for the other two.